Aug 09, 2019, 02:39 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Just to inform all, there's also a dedicated thread for this boat in the JET BOATS forum room : https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...boat-JetSprint
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2019, 09:46 AM
Which stick makes it go up?
I've had no luck with lipos other than the one that came with, even though my other batts are the same voltage (higher capacity -- from aircraft). The boat ESC drops down to slow mode even though the bigger lipos have lots of juice.

Has it worked for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop
Received mine. Even smaller in person than i expected!
I am already in process of repainting (always have to do customizations).
A few observations:
The decals are included, one sheet, not applied out of box.
Uses a big battery connector for such a tiny boat, which i have already replaced with a JST to be able to use my many other batteries i already have (2s 500mAh).
There are actually weights glued to one side (left side where battery goes) i presume for the self-righting feature. Promptly removed, and cut off battery guides on floor, so battery can be placed farther over against wall. This engineering is ludicrous. ADDING weight instead of just using a bigger battery for better runtime. I also suspect theyve used the different connector and weird sized battery just to sell the batteries. But the standard 2s 500mah batts fit perfectly with the mods!
The TX is small pistol design that can be taken apart is 2 pieces, which is kinda cool actually. Usually i immediately replace the RX to use my DX8 or other Tx, but will try it out first. The RX is also part of the ESC, so that would need to be replaced. Which i would do also if i go brushless later.
Will give a test run as soon as i can. Not expecting it to be that fast, it is much smaller that it even looks!
Nov 27, 2019, 09:52 PM
I'm guessing these aren't super popular?? They look cool but the threads on them seem quiet.
Nov 28, 2019, 07:07 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper
I've had no luck with lipos other than the one that came with, even though my other batts are the same voltage (higher capacity -- from aircraft). The boat ESC drops down to slow mode even though the bigger lipos have lots of juice.

Has it worked for you?

Lipos are more than just voltage and capacity. There's also the "C" rating that tells how much current it can dump in a measure amount of time.

Boats often draw more amps. Seems counter-intuative with a smaller propeller being used, but water is many times more dense that air, and the drag on the hull in water is greater too. In essence, boast motors usually work harder.

Currently the boat comes with a 600mah 2S (7.4v) pack rated at 20C. 600mAh x 20 = 12000mah (milliamps per hour) or 12 amps per hour.

Can't say anything about your flight packs without seeing them first. Be sure they are Li-Po and not Li-Ion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
I'm guessing these aren't super popular?? They look cool but the threads on them seem quiet.

Well, we ARE moving into the off season. The last post on it I see was in October.
Sep 01, 2020, 07:27 PM
For the standard electric came with boat, can I change the plug to xt30?..i found the ec3 kind of too big.

Thanks

Quick Reply