Jul 19, 2019, 09:12 AM
------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yort69
And?
Jul 19, 2019, 09:24 AM
and if you have to ask, you don't have the capacity to understand anyway..
Jul 19, 2019, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogizzard
Liberalism is a big pile of hate with a thick coating of hypocrisy, and supported by ignorance.
Better they spend their time becoming a self described expert in some random field.
Jul 19, 2019, 09:38 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Not hard to understand... a hatred (fear) of change is the reaction to making reasonable corrections in governments use of language.
Jul 19, 2019, 09:40 AM
Quote:
To generate some traffic in an obviously dead thread?
Jul 19, 2019, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
In other words, compassion towards others is the true context that heals.
There are many reasons to explain why we hate but I think the simplest explanation is that those who do so have never experienced the benefits of compassion, for without compassion there can only be an unskilled egoistic understanding of love.

“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”
― Albert Einstein

“Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.”
― Dalai Lama XIV, The Art of Happiness
Jul 19, 2019, 09:46 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
I wasn't surprised that the first response... was a couched personal attack on the author of the article.
Jul 19, 2019, 09:46 AM
Quote:
They wonder why nobody loves them..I gave them a solid example..its hard to love a freak show...
Jul 19, 2019, 09:48 AM
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppopfox
There are many reasons to explain why we hate but I think the simplest explanation is that those who do so have never experienced the benefits of compassion, for without compassion there can only be an unskilled egoistic understanding of love.

“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”
― Albert Einstein

“Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.”
Indeed - and we each have a limited time in which to do it!
Jul 19, 2019, 09:48 AM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
Quote:
I hate the Dalai Lama, he doesn't tip his golf caddie
Jul 19, 2019, 09:49 AM
Official Old Git!
Quote:
They wonder why nobody loves them..I gave them a solid example..its hard to love freaks of nature...
Is that more simplistic 'black-or-white' choices?

Only 'hate' or 'love' exists??

Good grief - I believe the word for that is 'extremism'!
Jul 19, 2019, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam
Is that more simplistic 'black-or-white' choices?

Only 'hate' or 'love' exists??

Good grief - I believe the word for that is 'extremism'!
Desperation ensues...
Jul 19, 2019, 10:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:

― Albert Einstein

Your post reminded me of my Korean experience and how Einstein's point applied to my life.

Reared on a midwest farm... and in Korea, after being drafted. The interaction with Koreans expanded my world beyond the parochial limitations of family and friends. I indeed converted from a citizen of a small farming community to that of a global citizen.... and have never gone back emotionally... it would be impossible to go back... one cannot unlearn.

Laboring beside Haitians to build a school/church, preaching a sermon in a Black church, spending vacations building facilities on Oklahoma Indian reservations... and pulling a Pappasan and his huge hog to market... indeed changed that midwest farm kid.

I believe humans have capacity restrictions. If time and energy capacities are used in positive ways... there is little opportunity for negative.... the same being true for compassion. When compassionate activities consume our time/effort... little capacity is left for hate.
Jul 19, 2019, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Better they spend their time becoming a self described expert in some random field.
No, it would be better if they turned off the internet and enrolled in some critical thinking classes. If that isn't a possibility then they most certainly need to seek some psychological counseling.
Jul 19, 2019, 10:42 AM
turn, turn, turn.
We hate because of our ego...the enemy disguised as a friend.

Quick Reply