Sep 03, 2020, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tware
yes, and and you can use a larger battery, like a 2s 500mah, the ballast weight on the inside can be pulled out, its just taped in there.
thanks will change to xt30.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2020, 11:02 PM
Has anyone managed to fit water cooling in one of these yet?
Sep 14, 2020, 12:41 PM
What diameter has the jet drive?
Is it the same as the Tear Into (20mm)?
Sep 25, 2020, 12:05 PM

Brushless upgrade

Can anyone recommend a set up for my sprint jet from pro boat I have the hull pulled in half waiting thanx guys 👌👌
Oct 10, 2020, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenrider
Anyone have any idea what protocol these radios use? it would be nice be able to build a new RX and keep the little travel pistol.
The rx41 will bind perfectly to the spring jet transmitter
https://www.ebay.com/itm/154086959756
Oct 15, 2020, 02:50 PM

Brushless

About to go Brushless with mine
Oct 17, 2020, 11:38 PM
I didn't crash I landed hard
Just got mine today, I was a bit underwhelmed with the stock setup. Switching it to the hacker A10-12s (2900kv) and a 15amp esc. I’m hoping the ultra lightweight will offset the lack of power compared to other setups
Oct 18, 2020, 07:31 PM
I didn't crash I landed hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLICK580
Just got mine today, I was a bit underwhelmed with the stock setup. Switching it to the hacker A10-12s (2900kv) and a 15amp esc. Iím hoping the ultra lightweight will offset the lack of power compared to other setups
Well I did the hacker A10-12s with a 10amp esc and the boat has tripled in speed. Itís exactly what I was hoping for, I didnít want something too heavy or useless power and the lightweight setup stays very cool. Running it on a 300mah 3cell 30c
Nov 02, 2020, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captmjr.44
The rx41 will bind perfectly to the spring jet transmitter
https://www.ebay.com/itm/154086959756
WOW! thanks SO much for this! I was STOKED when I realized I hadn't thrown out the travel TX. Ordered a couple RX's and they work perfect!
Nov 28, 2020, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLICK580
Well I did the hacker A10-12s with a 10amp esc and the boat has tripled in speed. Itís exactly what I was hoping for, I didnít want something too heavy or useless power and the lightweight setup stays very cool. Running it on a 300mah 3cell 30c
Hey Slick580, I just picked one these up today also! Is the Hacker setup still usable in just a pool? Iím thinking at purchasing same setup if itís still relatively usable. All the videos Iíve saw so far are pretty insane.
Nov 29, 2020, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt6.8
Hey Slick580, I just picked one these up today also! Is the Hacker setup still usable in just a pool? Iím thinking at purchasing same setup if itís still relatively usable. All the videos Iíve saw so far are pretty insane.
Mine is brushless, insane speed, you have to something to protect the nose in a pool. It can take bashing while brushed, but there's enough speed to do some damage on the side of the pool with brushless.
Dec 28, 2020, 07:22 PM

Printable light bar

Just got one of these little guys for Christmas after lusting for 8 months or so. Wanted something super small and lightweight to carry in a backpack to remote streams while out hiking. I was hesitant to pull the trigger because I figured the stock performance in skinny rocky creeks would be a real letdown...but the little guy rips! This is my first jetboat experience and I love it. I might even hold out a while on the brushless conversion.

Anyway, I'm in Alaska so winter hikes are often in the dark. I used a headlamp to spotlight my creek run yesterday, which worked alright, but I couldn't stop thinking about how killer a tiny light bar would look on this thing. A few hours later....

This thing puts out some pretty decent light! I think the chips are rated at 5 lumens apiece. Total draw is 160mA (ish) off the balance port (20mA LED chips) so shouldn't affect runtime too heavily.

The bar clips on to the roll cage easily by hand. I wanted it to be easily replaceable and serviceable. You could probably even use smaller gauge wires run under the hatch to make it a totally reversible mod.

If anyone's interested, I'll upload 3D files and some build advice.

Happy holidays guys.
Dec 28, 2020, 10:20 PM
it only lacks for straightline speed. for small shallow creeks, the brushless power becomes a liability because while you can literally launch out of the water and over rocks, it will also suck up more sand and rocks and kill your impeller. If you're happy with it, leave it brushed, it might even be better for your conditions.

Quick Reply