Sep 06, 2019, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper
Wow. Thanks. For now, I am content to reach in with plyers and tweezers, etc.
I don't blame you lol, its definitely more toy grade assembly then hobby grade of course the original intentions were to be a pool toy for younger kids....
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2019, 01:36 PM
I might have a disorder where I have to run 3s or greater in everything or at least try too. I'll be giving it a test run today. Didn't catch any leaks in the bath tub but the thrust coming out is ridiculous for something so tiny. Also made a very very crude ride plate would have preferred it to be out of aluminium but I couldn't find my aluminium so sheet steel it is.
Sep 07, 2019, 07:30 PM

Brushless Mods

Here's mine after the brushless mod. I used an old ARC 20mm inrunner I had laying around and an old turnigy plush 18amp ESC (no reverse). This this is MAD now. Hard to keep it on the choppy water. The first time it submarined I wasn't ready for it and my wife had enough time to say "where did it go" before it popped back up! I want to try some smaller outrunners, and see how hot they get. This one gets VERY hot! If i keep it in there I will need to come up with some water cooling.

Proboat jetsprint 9 with brushless motor (0 min 32 sec)
Sep 08, 2019, 09:55 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Looks good, but yeah, little boats aren't made for rough water. The bigger, the smoother running they do in the rough stuff.
Sep 09, 2019, 06:20 AM
Which stick makes it go up?
Nice work, guys. I think we can safely say we have pushed this little hull to the limit (of sanity).
Sep 09, 2019, 02:15 PM
I've swapped out the 20mm inrunner for a lower KV small outrunner. It feels powerful in the bathtub so I'm hoping it will be good on the water. Hopefully I'll get to test it out after work today.

I had to make a small aluminum adapter plate, and change out the motor shaft for a longer one. I'm using a 12amp quad ESC with a bodged on voltage regulator for the BEC. Hopefully 12amps is enough. I have also added the heavier of the two stock weights back in and put it on the back of the hull, maybe I will gain the "self righting" again, maybe not.
Sep 09, 2019, 04:38 PM
3s is definitely insanity, I found my crude ride plate did absolutely nothing but cause spin outs.. so maybe a re design?? But the hull has built in "trim tabs" that force the nose down so it actually handles smooth water "well". With 3s I had enough juice to launch the thing clear into the air off nothing because it's so light. Limited the throttle to 85% on the transmitter and it's a blast and I get nice run times out of a 800mah 3s battery. The motor gets warm but not too hot 120f max and the esc I think is over kill cause it hovers at 85-90f mark no matter what. The downside... It doesn't self right in flat water. It is still twitchy at speed even with some expo and after some digging in here I think it's due to a oversized nozzle. But eh. It's a 70$ boat after all. I wanted it to have enough ass and run time to shoot Creek rapids while kayaking so it works out well for that now. Before it was pretty aneimic in any current.
Sep 09, 2019, 04:41 PM
assuming the park 370/400 bolts up perfectly as shown above, then this plate can be had on its own. Might save some time drilling depending on the motor you pick
https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=EFLM1910
Sep 09, 2019, 10:42 PM
Just Plane Nutts
I run a 24mm 3500KV outrunner in my jetted FT007 , and it's hard to keep it from NOT rolling on 3S. Is your outrunner a 24mm or 20mm? What KV?
Sep 09, 2019, 11:23 PM
I don't think youre asking me, but the first motor I tried was 4500kv and it was too fast on 2s and got quite hot. The little outrunner is 2250kv and its slightly faster then stock, so thats no fun. I'm going to need to find a 3500kv motor.
Sep 10, 2019, 04:04 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Motors reach higher RPMS/KV ratings by using less winds of wire on the armature. But this means less magnetic power and less torque.

2250KV is more powerful, but that KV level requires 4S power.

This is the little 24mm outrunner I use, but they are becoming very hard to find in stock anywhere: https://www.amazon.ca/Leopard-Brushl.../dp/B00CBTYEUU
Sep 12, 2019, 01:12 PM

$26 brushless kit

I just ordered this kit,

I will update after I install. If itís not suitable for the boat, I have a 1/12 scale crawler!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...NFG8OL60&psc=1
Sep 12, 2019, 10:29 PM
Following this closely as I have just purchased one of these little boats.
Sep 13, 2019, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
Motors reach higher RPMS/KV ratings by using less winds of wire on the armature. But this means less magnetic power and less torque.

2250KV is more powerful, but that KV level requires 4S power.
I'm doubting more torque is needed in this little boat, and ya I could up the voltage, but I would like to find a setup that could run well with the stock 2s and other 2s batteries as there isn't a lot of room in the little hull.

It looks like the park 370 is the only option, and its 30$ just for the motor!
Sep 13, 2019, 02:21 PM
I just picked up a Park 370 and a Park 400 (had to buy both to get the deal), not sure which I will use, both will work. But, I'll probably list the one I dont use for like $15 in classifieds.

Quick Reply