Sep 02, 2019, 05:03 PM
fyi, a LaTrax 370 motor appears to be identical, if not slightly higher quality. I'm not sure how many turns, looking that up now. But, I do know that Team Associated had a little hotter 370 motor that fit. Problem is, being a little hotter might be a problem with no ventilation.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2019, 10:43 AM
Anyone have any idea what protocol these radios use? it would be nice be able to build a new RX and keep the little travel pistol.
Sep 03, 2019, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
So has anyone gone brushless with this thing yet???
Just finished my little conversion over the weekend. Will post some pics and a quick little vid

Camera work is from my 7 year old so you will see a finger or two

Set Up:
ProBoat Sprintjet
Eflite Park 370 5400kv
Castle Creations Mamba 25 ESC
Stock 2s 600mah Lipo
Spektrum Radio

It's defiantly to fast that I'm unable to hit full throttle as you can see in the video it starts skipping at about 60% throttle maybe some trim tabs and a turn-fin will help but the turn-fin defeats the purpose of a jet boat.

ProBoat Sprintjet 9" Jet Boat Brushless (0 min 28 sec)
Sep 04, 2019, 01:01 PM
Which stick makes it go up?
Nice work. Thanks for sharing.
Sep 04, 2019, 01:36 PM
I've done some work, myself, more of the useless variety. I replaced the piano wire pushrod with carbon fibre and ball joints. In the process I decreased the throw since the steering is way too quick and unrealistically tight. I also added carbon fibre tubes to lower the windshield/rollbar and make it easily removable for service under the hatch. And I moved the receiver so that the servo connector isn't sitting in water, when it gets in there. Oh, and I switched all visible hardware from shiny phillips to alloy hex, for that faux hobby-grade look.
Last edited by hobbyjumper; Sep 04, 2019 at 01:41 PM.
Sep 04, 2019, 06:58 PM
I'm in process on doing a brushless conversion to my Sprint jet, so far it's stuff I had laying around and a 30$ gool rc combo off Amazon. The motor is a direct bolt up btw. The dean's plug will be switched out as well just haven't gotten there yet. I'm also guessing the little guy will need a ride plate to even have a prayer of hitting full chooch. I have a few options for batteries to try from my small helis and flite test foamies.
Sep 05, 2019, 04:59 AM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacahtu
It's defiantly to fast that I'm unable to hit full throttle as you can see in the video it starts skipping at about 60% throttle maybe some trim tabs and a turn-fin will help but the turn-fin defeats the purpose of a jet boat.
Those little wavelets are not so little to a 9" hull... At top speed you're trying to run it like an offshore racer under those conditions. Maybe try a speed run early in the morning on glassy water.

Trim plates and turn fins....nah. Prop boat band-aids. But a RIDE plate is almost a must for a light jet boat model to run smoothly.
Sep 05, 2019, 11:32 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Just finished my little conversion over the weekend. Will post some pics and a quick little vid

Set Up:
ProBoat Sprintjet
Eflite Park 370 5400kv
Stock 2s 600mah Lipo
Spektrum Radio

https://youtu.be/I3r6-9fUIKk
That's just nutty! Is the Park 370 a 30mm or 40mm length motor? Looking for cheaper options.
Sep 05, 2019, 09:10 PM
Quote:

Set Up:
ProBoat Sprintjet
Eflite Park 370 5400kv
Stock 2s 600mah Lipo
Spektrum Radio
Does it still self right?
Sep 06, 2019, 07:49 AM
Mine never really did, in flat water--pretty much relied on being tossed by a wave to flip. Yet another quirk about this boat that makes you think Horizon just crammed a bunch of parts together, saw that it sort of worked, and said "close enough, let's see who buys it."

Now that I have made improvements under the hatch, what little self-right it had is gone.

That said, fun to drive.
Sep 06, 2019, 07:52 AM
How easy/hard was it for you to separate the deck from the hull? I took all the screws out of mine and came to the conclusion that the two halves were glued. Wouldn't budge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalecrawler88
I'm in process on doing a brushless conversion to my Sprint jet, so far it's stuff I had laying around and a 30$ gool rc combo off Amazon. The motor is a direct bolt up btw. The dean's plug will be switched out as well just haven't gotten there yet. I'm also guessing the little guy will need a ride plate to even have a prayer of hitting full chooch. I have a few options for batteries to try from my small helis and flite test foamies.
Sep 06, 2019, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper
Mine never really did, in flat water--pretty much relied on being tossed by a wave to flip.

Mine rights about as well as a stock Jam Jam in similar conditions. that said, people hand me their remotes to do it, as it requires more precising timing than a Mortal Kombat finishing move on the SprintJet.
Sep 06, 2019, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper
How easy/hard was it for you to separate the deck from the hull? I took all the screws out of mine and came to the conclusion that the two halves were glued. Wouldn't budge.
It's held together with regular clear silicone rtv so it's a bit of a pain to get apart takes some gentle prying until you get something to separate then wedge a guitar pick in the opening or a fingernail etc. Then to re seal it you have to spend some time with a exacto to remove all the old silicone before applying new. But it definitely makes life easier when trying to change out the electronics.
Sep 06, 2019, 03:47 PM
Wow. Thanks. For now, I am content to reach in with plyers and tweezers, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalecrawler88
It's held together with regular clear silicone rtv so it's a bit of a pain to get apart takes some gentle prying until you get something to separate then wedge a guitar pick in the opening or a fingernail etc. Then to re seal it you have to spend some time with a exacto to remove all the old silicone before applying new. But it definitely makes life easier when trying to change out the electronics.
Sep 06, 2019, 03:48 PM
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tware
it requires more precise timing than a mortal kombat finishing move

Quick Reply