Jul 18, 2019, 07:46 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Micro motor mounts for micro planes

Hi,

I was planing on using a micro motor (Emax 1106 6000kv motor) for a scratch built micro plane. How am I going to mount it to fuselage made of DTF. With the motor being so small I may have some difficulties making my own motor mount; I usually use an aluminum L piece and drill holes for larger motors like 2212 size.

What mounts are available for 1106 size motors? Any suggestions on mounting a micro motor to DTF foam fuselage?

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2019, 08:36 PM
Since it uses M2 screws for mounting you will need a plywood firewall!
https://www.airbladeuav.com/products...rushless-motor
Jul 18, 2019, 11:36 PM
Dropout what diameter prop do you plan to use?
Jul 19, 2019, 07:48 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz11
Dropout what diameter prop do you plan to use?

Most likely a 3.
Probably a 3x3 on 2s lipo. Not sure yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jul 20, 2019, 02:37 PM
Depending if it is a full fuse or a profile, If a profile use ply and cut an x with a small diamond in the middle to drill the motor holes. Glue it on the fuse and wrap a bit of tape over the legs of the mount to keep it from ripping off. If it's a full fuse make a firewall out of ply with some foam gussets and again run some tape over it. Ideally you would use a few strips of reinforced packing tape but, any tape should work for that motor/prop.
Jul 26, 2019, 02:24 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropout
Hi,

I was planing on using a micro motor (Emax 1106 6000kv motor) for a scratch built micro plane. How am I going to mount it to fuselage made of DTF. With the motor being so small I may have some difficulties making my own motor mount; I usually use an aluminum L piece and drill holes for larger motors like 2212 size.

What mounts are available for 1106 size motors? Any suggestions on mounting a micro motor to DTF foam fuselage?

Thanks!
I don't think there is one.

You can fab up one using plasticard in under a half hour. It's cheap, it's light, easy to work with.
Jul 27, 2019, 02:36 PM
I'm flying with a similar brushless motor on my Simples , a BR 1104 4000Kv ( on 1S 200mAh) and this is how I did it:

I'm using a 3 mm light ply firewall and an 0,8 mm GFK mount for the 1104.

I started with making a drawing from the back of the bl motor on chalk paper, the mount works with 0,8 mm ply, plastic card, eo, but GFK is very strong and weighs little.
I checked the 2 mm screws so that they don't hit de wiring, this is very important, otherwise the motor is ruined...!! and I had to shorten one screw(marked in red).

some pictures to illustrate:
Last edited by flyingwolfmann; Jul 27, 2019 at 02:59 PM.
Aug 24, 2019, 09:05 AM
Mk9
Mk9
Here was my 13 yo son's solution for a Guillows Chipmunk RC conversion. It's not going to be removable once the stringers are on, but it's pretty simple if you can do the design work and have access to a 3D printer. BTW he did the CAD in Fusion360. It took us 3 goes to get the dimensions spot on.
Aug 24, 2019, 09:23 AM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
I put this together yesterday. It's designed to go into an UM Polecat and be removable if need be.
Sep 05, 2019, 05:10 PM
flyin' fool
I was making my mounts out of 2mm Lexan... until a FB got a 3D printer.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5148
Sep 05, 2019, 05:14 PM
flyin' fool
Flyingwolfmann:

Where can I find info on your SIMPLES in epp???

Sep 08, 2019, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Flyingwolfmann:

The Simples is a free pro -plan, that was with the April 2018 RCM&E magazine.
Originaly to be build in depron but I choose to use 4mm EPP. Cheap and quick to build and
she flies very well.

Johan
Sep 08, 2019, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
Flyingwolfmann:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwolfmann
The Simples is a free pro -plan, that was with the April 2018 RCM&E magazine.
Originaly to be build in depron but I choose to use 4mm EPP. Cheap and quick to build and
she flies very well.

Johan
Available here, maybe?:
https://ebook3000.biz/rcme-april-2018-download/

Quick Reply