E-flite - F-16 Falcon 64mm EDF PNP (EFL9875)

The E-flite F-16 Falcon 64mm EDF jet features a 4S-compatible power system and an 11-blade fan to deliver amazing performance. It’s also available with AS3X and SAFE Select technologies that make it the easiest and most fun to fly Falcon yet!

Splash

The F16 Falcon

Originally developed for the U.S. Air Force and approved for production more than 40 years ago, the F-16 Falcon brought advances in fighter technology and capabilities that still top many of the aircraft flown by adversaries today. Its record of success with allied countries is outstanding, and it's expected to be in service with air forces worldwide for many years to come. E-flite® pays tribute to the full-scale fighter with the F-16 Falcon 64mm EDF jet that delivers incredible performance in a size suited for smaller flying sites.

Features

• One of the easiest and most fun to fly F-16 Falcon EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet models yet
  • Scale replica of the world-renowned fighter flown by the U.S. and numerous allied air forces
  • 11-blade 64mm fan delivers great vertical performance and top speed plus turbine-like sound
  • Factory-installed high-power 4S-compatible brushless motor, 40-amp ESC and 5 servos
  • Optional-use fixed landing gear with steerable nose wheel
  • Bolt-on wings plus optional-use tanks and ordnance
  • Magnetically-secured nose cone and top hatch
  • Durable yet lightweight molded EPO airframe

E-flite F-16 Falcon 64mm EDF Jet PNP & BNF Basic (2 min 56 sec)

The E-flite® F-16 Falcon 64mm EDF jet is a scale replica of one of the most recognized and successful single-engine fighters in the world. Its 4S-compatible high-RPM brushless motor is matched to a 40-amp ESC and high-thrust 11-blade fan unit to deliver incredible performance enhanced by a realistic, turbine-like sound. Integrated composites and advanced EPO material form a lightweight, durable airframe that offers precise handling with the factory-installed servos. Nose-wheel steering provides easy ground handling – or you can remove the landing gear entirely for improved scale appearance and performance, plus nearly effortless hand launches when flying over grass. Authentic scale touches include molded-in surface details, a cockpit with pilot figure, plus optional-use simulated external fuel tanks and ordnance. It also arrives factory-finished in a unique scale trim scheme that offers great visibility and makes a strong impression both on the ground and in the air. And it all combines to deliver one of the easiest and most fun to fly Falcon models ever!

Photos

Learn More

For pricing and more information head to the Horizon Hobby site.

Jul 18, 2019, 05:25 PM
DFS#000178
$160 for a 4-channel 64mm jet?

Definition of meh.

The FMS version is $10.00 cheaper with the exact same power system.
Jul 18, 2019, 07:25 PM
But with AS3X and Safe? For $180.00. Nice. F/A-18 Hornet would be great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
$160 for a 4-channel 64mm jet?

Definition of meh.

The FMS version is $10.00 cheaper with the exact same power system.
Latest blog entry: MAAC Wings
Jul 18, 2019, 09:49 PM
I review RC Products
I don't mind this one and I have been pretty critical of them. I don't see how it holds up to belly landing though....
Jul 19, 2019, 02:32 AM
Looks like they use the
FMS 11 blade 64mm on this F16 too.
Jul 19, 2019, 12:27 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011
Looks like they use the
FMS 11 blade 64mm on this F16 too.
It's a repaint of an FMS plane.
Jul 20, 2019, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
I don't mind this one and I have been pretty critical of them. I don't see how it holds up to belly landing though....
Same here. I can't see that holding up to belly landing.

I'm sort of inclined to find that video kind of horrible - in typical Horizon fashion. The paint and foam surface look really pretty bad in some shots. So they are repainting an old plane and whipping out a quickie promotional vid with hard rock music...

And yeah, it's got to be disingenuous to suggest this plane could be a regular belly lander....
Last edited by Herrsavage; Jul 20, 2019 at 01:56 AM.
Jul 20, 2019, 06:10 AM
Well, this guy actually made a vid to proove it could handle belly landings, jump to about 3:40
RocHobby F-16 (3 min 59 sec)
Jul 20, 2019, 09:22 AM
OK, without the rear fins on the bottom....

I suppose in that case it would be better than the Force F-18, which is not a good belly lander IMO. Sure, some of these planes will belly land a few time. But after 10 landings these super pointy planes with fine intakes on the bottom are just going to look like crap. I'll keep an eye on this, to see and hear from people how it holds up to regular belly landings over time...

ps I'm looking for a previous - and cheaper - FMS version, but all I am finding is a "V2", which says it's for 3S though. I have no interest in 3S. So is this new E-flite one then the only one for 4S?
Jul 20, 2019, 12:29 PM
I review RC Products
Yeah, I would not fly an F-16 without the fins. That is just plain silly to do IMO.
Jul 21, 2019, 02:39 AM
It's a compromise I guess. I personally would rather ditch the fins than have fixed gear...

Ha.. Just got a mail from Schweighofer - one of the main Horizon dealers in Europe. The "sale" price is €199 for the BNF. "Marked down" from €229.... That's just scummy.

The normal price for the F-15 BNF is €199...

Typical Horizon.

How does the F-15 fare as a belly lander?......... It is cool looking...
Last edited by Herrsavage; Jul 21, 2019 at 03:25 AM.
Jul 21, 2019, 09:21 AM
The F15 is a great belly lander. I mod podged the bottom and it still looks new even after I ran across a concrete sidewalk when landing.
Jul 22, 2019, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtigga01
The F15 is a great belly lander. I mod podged the bottom and it still looks new even after I ran across a concrete sidewalk when landing.
What do you mean "mod podged"?
I have the F15 and plan on belly landing it and would like to protect the bottom somehow...
Jul 22, 2019, 06:41 PM
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Scrapbook...SABEgJRH_D_BwE

Mod Podge can be used like a protective coating that dries clear.
Jul 23, 2019, 10:08 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
It's a compromise I guess. I personally would rather ditch the fins than have fixed gear...

Ha.. Just got a mail from Schweighofer - one of the main Horizon dealers in Europe. The "sale" price is €199 for the BNF. "Marked down" from €229.... That's just scummy.

The normal price for the F-15 BNF is €199...

Typical Horizon.

How does the F-15 fare as a belly lander?......... It is cool looking...
The F-15 is the way to go for sure with belly landing.

Quick Reply