Thread Tools
Jul 18, 2019, 09:55 AM
Torquay/Warralily Coastal Vic.
BellairIntl's Avatar
Thread OP
New Product

E-Flite F-16 Falcon 64mm EDF Jet


Great new release from Horizon Hobby.
I will pre order this one with the cost in AU$ good.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2019, 10:06 AM
Landing is not optional
JamesonC's Avatar
Thank goodness for another FMS repaint release!
Jul 18, 2019, 03:06 PM
Registered User
So the Rochobby model recommends a 3 cell battery where the Eflite recommends a 4 cell. The motor used in both models (3900kv) is the same as the FMS 64mm F35 which also recommends a 3 cell battery. Guess I'll wait for the Q&A for more information from Horizon.
Jul 18, 2019, 04:28 PM
Registered User
mshagg2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtigga01
So the Rochobby model recommends a 3 cell battery where the Eflite recommends a 4 cell. The motor used in both models (3900kv) is the same as the FMS 64mm F35 which also recommends a 3 cell battery. Guess I'll wait for the Q&A for more information from Horizon.
Does seem off doesnt it? I assumed it would just be the same 3150kv powerplant they used in the F15.

EDIT: HH confirmed with me it's 3150kv, pages being updated lol. The old FMS-copy-and-past hey

Either way, toss and boss EDFs in this form factor are perfect park flyers. I can see this finding a spot on the rack.
Last edited by mshagg2; Jul 18, 2019 at 04:51 PM.
Jul 18, 2019, 05:29 PM
Torquay/Warralily Coastal Vic.
BellairIntl's Avatar
Thread OP

Perfect indeed as a park flyer


Yet to try my eagle due to weather here. Bought two 2200 4s batteries on suggestion that this is the desired battery, so the Falcon should be the same.
E-flite F-16 Falcon 64mm EDF Jet PNP & BNF Basic (2 min 56 sec)
Last edited by BellairIntl; Jul 18, 2019 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Added
Jul 18, 2019, 06:12 PM
Registered User
mshagg2's Avatar
Im not familiar with the FMS model the eflite F16 is based on but hopefully there's a bit more space in the battery compartment than the F15 has - not necessarily for a larger pack but just to give a bit more flexibility in pack dimensions. Gotta be real careful ordering packs for the F15.

But yeah, 2200 is spot on for 64mm - you can go larger but you start to trade off the best characteristics of a small jet (gliding like trainers) for a fairly minor increase in run time.

Weirdly cheap shipping to AU on this F16 preorder so got mine in.
Jul 20, 2019, 09:59 PM
RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshagg2
Im not familiar with the FMS model the eflite F16 is based on but hopefully there's a bit more space in the battery compartment than the F15 has - not necessarily for a larger pack but just to give a bit more flexibility in pack dimensions. Gotta be real careful ordering packs for the F15.

But yeah, 2200 is spot on for 64mm - you can go larger but you start to trade off the best characteristics of a small jet (gliding like trainers) for a fairly minor increase in run time.

Weirdly cheap shipping to AU on this F16 preorder so got mine in.
I second that request for some room in the battery compartment compared to the F15. This looks like a great little brother for my Eflite 70mm F-16.
Jul 26, 2019, 01:12 PM
For those that are interested, these F-16s (both the BNF Basic and PNP versions!) are shipping in the US starting today and should be shipping in EU in the next week or so!
Jul 26, 2019, 06:16 PM
Registered User
mshagg2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
For those that are interested, these F-16s (both the BNF Basic and PNP versions!) are shipping in the US starting today and should be shipping in EU in the next week or so!
Nice. Does this include international orders placed via the US site? Ironically I'm going to be stateside for a couple of weeks, but will be a nice box to get home to.
Jul 29, 2019, 10:36 PM
Registered User
Ordered one today. Can't wait.
Aug 01, 2019, 05:48 PM
Registered User
So has anyone had a chance to fly this model yet? Funny how HH promoted the F15 like crazy and there's been very little info regarding the F16. No launching out of a porta potty or off a table or any useful info videos lol. The FMS version is 3 cell with a different motor and this has the same power system as the F15, however from the comments on the promotional video flyers are having issues with CG when using the recommended 4 cell battery. I don't want another Blue Angel F18 issue so I've been a little hesitant to purchase this right now.
Aug 01, 2019, 06:37 PM
Registered User
mshagg2's Avatar
Only just got shipping notification from my pre-order, so won't have any flight reports for a couple of weeks. Expecting a fairly similar experience to the F15.

The promo stuff for the F15 was pretty much just an episode of on the fly, which might take them a while to get to.
Aug 01, 2019, 07:28 PM
Registered User
Thisguy65's Avatar
I bought it....and it's going back.

I have the F-15 and like it so much bought another one.

Was in safe, full throttle and tossed, it went up but started to loose attitude and pancaked in to the ground.

With all my hand toss, I'll also add little more up elevator on a switch to gives a little more elevator, just to give more time to get back on the right stick.

CG was at 80mm (75-85mm), Admiral 22000 4s.
Aug 02, 2019, 01:26 AM
Quest for Speed!!!
Mike_eee's Avatar
lack of power or? too heavy on 4s?


MikeRC



Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy65
I bought it....and it's going back.

I have the F-15 and like it so much bought another one.

Was in safe, full throttle and tossed, it went up but started to loose attitude and pancaked in to the ground.

With all my hand toss, I'll also add little more up elevator on a switch to gives a little more elevator, just to give more time to get back on the right stick.

CG was at 80mm (75-85mm), Admiral 22000 4s.
Aug 02, 2019, 04:55 AM
Registered User
jobinseattle's Avatar
I got mine yesterday. Seems to balance fine with a 4S 2200mah. Can't wait to fly it. Think the bombs and landing gear won't be on for long as our field is grass.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-flite F-15 Eagle 64mm EDF BNF Basic/PNP Jason M Foamy EDFs 361 Dec 29, 2019 09:29 PM
Discussion E-flite Viper Jet vs. E-flite F-16 stoneb1b Foamy EDFs 7 Mar 06, 2019 11:07 AM
New Product E-Flite F-16 Falcon EDF SmoothCruizer Foamy EDFs 443 Jan 24, 2014 05:05 PM
Article G&C Hobby F-16 "Fighting Falcon" 64mm EDF from NitroPlanes Review Spackles94 Foamy EDFs 69 May 19, 2012 02:46 AM