Jul 18, 2019, 09:06 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

Did I fry my build?

Building my first Quad, it’s a Tyro109 kit, Matek405 FC. So I completed the build process, hooked up power with a smoke tester and everything went good. Did it’s boot up sequence of beeps, motors moved a tiny bit, so I thought all was fine. I could not see any shorts or bridged connections either.
Plugged in raw power from the Lipo and and the FC did not go through it’s entire boot sequence maybe half way then just started beeping and a fast flashing red light. Does the same now with the smoke tester also. I can still hook up to beta flight. I can see Lipo voltage in the power tab. But something is not rite the way it boots up and beeps / flashes non stop.
What is going on? Hopefully someone can help.

Edit: FIXED!
Last edited by Spetnaut; Jul 18, 2019 at 04:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2019, 10:30 AM
Did you check main battery plug's electrical resistance on the quad with a multimeter for short circuits?
Jul 18, 2019, 10:55 AM
Thread OP

Did I fry my build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorro
Did you check main battery plug's electrical resistance on the quad with a multimeter for short circuits?

In short, no. But that is what the smoke tester is for?
Iíll check with a volt meter later, but I do not think this is the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Spetnaut; Jul 18, 2019 at 11:08 AM.
Jul 18, 2019, 12:14 PM
Thread OP

Did I fry my build?

So I tried giving it full Lipo power again without the smoke tester. I am able to connect to the FC in betaflight and spin up all 4 motors. But it continues to beep like crazy and blinking red on the FC.
Last edited by Spetnaut; Jul 18, 2019 at 03:53 PM.

Quick Reply