Thread Tools
Jul 19, 2019, 12:42 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas
You don’t contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way.

If you want to make an argument supporting the OP go right ahead. Otherwise, this isn’t the thread for you.
Ah, that all inclusive non-hating liberalism...the welcoming of differing points of view...diversity....etc


Liberalism is a lie, and EV are not good for the environment, are not "green," and do not solve the perceived problem.

People drive hybrids and EV because they are trying to convince others of something that isn't real.
Jul 19, 2019, 12:43 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas
And why should the post check the hate thread?
Because it may help the post understand itself?
Jul 19, 2019, 03:28 PM
Suspended Account
The problem with that study is, they use pre diesel scandal emission test result, supplied by the manufacturers.
Jul 19, 2019, 05:19 PM
Registered User
Sherlock's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogizzard
Lol, oh good. I thought they said it controlled climate.

It's about time they recognize the lack of correlation between perceived changes in an estimation and actual climate change.
Ain’t nothing “perceived” about the connection between our decades long burning of massive amounts of fossil fuels and the rapid rise in temperature we are actually seeing.
Jul 19, 2019, 06:10 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock
Ain’t nothing “perceived” about the connection between our decades long burning of massive amounts of fossil fuels and the rapid rise in temperature we are actually seeing.
Really? What did the Pueblo and Anasazi blame the warm weather on? The Aztec and Mayans?

Which warming trend did fossil fuels start? The 20,000 warming trend? The 10,500 year warming trend? The 1,600 year warming trend? Or the 200 year warming trend?

Can you see any statistical problems with this belief of yours?
Jul 19, 2019, 06:45 PM
KK4NOP
Mike Freas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogizzard
Ah, that all inclusive non-hating liberalism...the welcoming of differing points of view...diversity....etc


Liberalism is a lie, and EV are not good for the environment, are not "green," and do not solve the perceived problem.

People drive hybrids and EV because they are trying to convince others of something that isn't real.
Your post are worthless.

How about putting together a thoughtful sentence with data to back up your points?

Instead you label things as “liberal” and therefore dismiss them.
Jul 19, 2019, 06:52 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas
Your post are worthless.

How about putting together a thoughtful sentence with data to back up your points?

Instead you label things as “liberal” and therefore dismiss them.
I have provided data and literature supporting my stance numerous times, and it isn't worth the effort since people with minds sealed off with ideology are impervious.

My justification for dismissal is based on the available science and my experience with climate change during the mid-late holocene.

"Liberal" is simply an identifier for the close minded ideology.

But, if you are so inclined you can do your own research regarding cultural and ecological changes spanning the last few thousand years. It isn't really hard unless your mind is already full of garbage that cannot be related.
Jul 19, 2019, 06:54 PM
KK4NOP
Mike Freas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogizzard
I have provided data and literature supporting my stance numerous times, and it isn't worth the effort since people with minds sealed off with ideology are impervious.

My justification for dismissal is based on the available science and my experience with climate change during the mid-late holocene.

"Liberal" is simply an identifier for the close minded ideology.
Again, thread isn’t about climate change. Reading comprehension fail.

Provide an argument as to why EV’s produce more CO2 than ICE cars. Simple.
Jul 19, 2019, 07:03 PM
Registered User
Sherlock's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogizzard
Really? What did the Pueblo and Anasazi blame the warm weather on? The Aztec and Mayans?

Which warming trend did fossil fuels start? The 20,000 warming trend? The 10,500 year warming trend? The 1,600 year warming trend? Or the 200 year warming trend?

Can you see any statistical problems with this belief of yours?
LMAO, I love this one. The existence of previous warming cycles does not disprove that we contributing to this one. Can you see the failure of logic in your argument?

This one is caused in part due to our burning of massive amounts of fossil fuels.
Jul 19, 2019, 07:16 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas
Again, thread isn’t about climate change. Reading comprehension fail.

Provide an argument as to why EV’s produce more CO2 than ICE cars. Simple.
It says "climate" right there in the title. Also, you may want to ponder why it is you are so concerned with co2; what's the significance of less co2? Thinking comprehension fail.

Here is an argument. EV has simply separated the combustion from the load with thousands of miles of wire which results in efficiency loss. EV still depend on fossil fuels.

To get rid of the need for fossil fuels, and in addition to the rare earth materials, we will need to destroy many thousands of acres, and wildlife populations. The end result will be anything but "clean" energy under the current state of technology and application.

toxic gas injures people at solar power plant

Quote:
Stiver, who is currently on workers’ compensation, said nitrogen dioxide has been emitting at Crescent Dunes for the past five months, during which about seven other workers had been hospitalized with similar diagnoses. Their symptoms ranged from rashes to second-degree throat burns, headaches and vomiting.
http://www.basinandrangewatch.org/CrescentDune.html

Quote:
November 3, 2017 - Tonopah NV - The solar flux seen today from the Crescent Dunes Solar Energy Project was in evidence on the morning of October 30, 2017, although clouds shut the facility down for the afternoon. We hiked around the proposed project site of the massive Sandstone Solar Project--ten more power towers--and noted the diversity and numbers of birds in the area.

We saw over 100 horned larks, a Northern harrier, juvenile red-tailed hawk, a Western meadowlark, a few ravens, and more birds around the solar plant's evaporation ponds: 70 ducks flying around, pintails and possibly buffleheads, as well as 40 gulls, including California gulls and ring-billed gulls.

The Sandstone Solar Energy Project would entail building up to 10 more solar power towers, each with molten salt storage, and up to 2,000 megawatts of energy generation.

Yet problems have plagued the Crescent Dunes solar power tower, with apparent weld problems in the pipes, and a leaking molten salt tanks that caused skin irritation and breathing issues with employees recently (see the article by Daria Sokolova in the Pahrump Valley Times). Nitrous oxide gas is a hazardous byproduct of molten salt, which is made of sodium nitrate and potassium nitrate, and releases need ventilation or hazards to workers may result.
Your environmental concern is a bloody joke.
Jul 19, 2019, 07:19 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogizzard
It says "climate" right there in the title. Also, you may want to ponder why it is you are so concerned with co2; what's the significance of less co2? Thinking comprehension fail.

Here is an argument. EV has simply separated the combustion from the load with thousands of miles of wire which results in efficiency loss. EV still depend on fossil fuels.

To get rid of the need for fossil fuels, and in addition to the rare earth materials, we will need to destroy many thousands of acres, and wildlife populations. The end result will be anything but "clean" energy under the current state of technology and application.

toxic gas injures people at solar power plant



http://www.basinandrangewatch.org/CrescentDune.html



Your environmental concern is a bloody joke.
Says who ?
Jul 19, 2019, 07:21 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock
LMAO, I love this one. The existence of previous warming cycles does not disprove that we contributing to this one. Can you see the failure of logic in your argument?

This one is caused in part due to our burning of massive amounts of fossil fuels.
No, it doesn't disprove your beliefs, it makes proving your beliefs impossible. You are bassakwards. Science isn't faith based, it requires evidence.

You can show up late to someone else's birthday party, claim it is your birthday, and then thank everyone for coming to celebrate your birthday, but you won't look very smart.
Jul 19, 2019, 07:21 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott
Says who ?
Me.
Jul 19, 2019, 07:23 PM
Registered User
Sherlock's Avatar
“Several workers”.

Pollution from fossil fuel burning causes millions of deaths. Not to mention:


Quote:
LIVE NEAR AN OIL OR GAS WELL? MOTHERS IN AREAS OF INTENSE PRODUCTION MORE LIKELY TO HAVE CHILDREN WITH HEART DEFECTS, STUDY CLAIMS
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...450226%3famp=1
Jul 19, 2019, 07:27 PM
Registered User
Sherlock's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogizzard
No, it doesn't disprove your beliefs, it makes proving your beliefs impossible. You are bassakwards. Science isn't faith based, it requires evidence.

You can show up late to someone else's birthday party, claim it is your birthday, and then thank everyone for coming to celebrate your birthday, but you won't look very smart.
Oh, now an irrelevant birthday party analogy to go with your invalid Myan warming claim. Too funny. The existence of previous warming cycles does not make it impossible to prove that this one is caused in part by is. That is beyond stupid.

I got one for you. Lightning caused a forest fire years ago. Therefore all forest fires are caused by lightning. Such is your “logic”. Lol.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion new study finds no evidence of climate change Sweggershot Life, The Universe, and Politics 75 Jul 18, 2019 07:03 AM
Discussion This study says a lot more than just climate change ... logan5 Life, The Universe, and Politics 5 May 08, 2018 06:46 AM
Discussion Study Finds Temperature Adjustments Account For ‘Nearly All Of The Warming’ In Climat RumRunner_1492 Life, The Universe, and Politics 66 Jul 11, 2017 11:56 AM
Discussion 20 yr study: Corp $ Affected Public's Views of Climate Change Tim Green Life, The Universe, and Politics 9 Nov 24, 2015 10:55 PM
Discussion New Study confirms, economy destroyed by Democrat policies rcjetpilot Life, The Universe, and Politics 98 Feb 11, 2013 07:16 PM