Jul 16, 2019, 04:34 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Unknown Glider parts

I got a whole bunch of glider parts form someone who moved away and I never got a chance to ask him what everything was. I got some fuselage wings and mixed and match parts. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen some of this parts and could tell me what they go to. The first pictures, look to be wooden wings they are flat and donít have dihedral or polyhedral the red wing bags look to be homemade. The blue wing look most similar to a gentle lady but I look and the wing is smaller than a gentle lady. The red fuselage the only thing I could find was this paper on fiberglassing the picture on the paper appeared to be the one in real life so I donít know if the fuselage was just fiber glass practice or not.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2019, 05:30 PM
It might help to know the lengths and root dimensions of the wings. The fuse on the picture does not look like the one in real life next to it....
Jul 16, 2019, 07:53 PM
hard to say without specifications, but based on planform and those upturned tips, I'm thinking the wings in the first two photos are from an Airtronics Legend.

r/
Dave
Jul 16, 2019, 08:02 PM
The flap/aileron wing set looks like a Falcon 800.

Marc
Jul 16, 2019, 08:09 PM
Thread OP
The red wing (first 2 pictures) is a 113inches wing spand (56.5inches is one wing). The blue wing is 76 inches. The red fuselage on the paper is the one in real life because on the paper one the zoom in on the canopy is the same in real life.
Thanks
Jul 16, 2019, 08:15 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Ryan
hard to say without specifications, but based on planform and those upturned tips, I'm thinking the wings in the first two photos are from an Airtronics Legend.

r/
Dave
The wing tips are not turned up the wing is flat. So I donít think it could be a Airtronics legend.
Jul 16, 2019, 08:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.M. Gellart
The flap/aileron wing set looks like a Falcon 800.

Marc
I looked up the Falcon 800 and could not find much for some reason do you have a picture of one?
Thanks
Jul 16, 2019, 10:02 PM
Balsa breaks better
The 800/880 is a single taper that could be built with the tip raised or flat.
That wing looks to have a double . . .

Joe

Balsa Breaks Better
Woodies Forever
Jul 17, 2019, 06:52 AM
Kurt Zimmerman ≡LSF 4461≡
What is the red fuse composed of? Any chance it is all Kevlar? If so it may just be a Waco Terminator

The first set of wings resembles the Falcon or one of the Airtronics designers of the 1990’s.

As for the blue wing, just not sure

Kurt
Jul 17, 2019, 07:14 AM
Obechi wings could be Airtronics Sapphire or Inventec Pelican, but fuselage doesn't match either.

Could be a Saturn 2.9T, span matches and fuse looks about right, has a T tail.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8New-In-Box%29
Jul 17, 2019, 11:48 AM
Blue wing looks like a Pierce arrow.

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=6214

JDK
Jul 17, 2019, 12:30 PM
Kurt Zimmerman ≡LSF 4461≡
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesterpk
Obechi wings could be Airtronics Sapphire or Inventec Pelican, but fuselage doesn't match either.

Could be a Saturn 2.9T, span matches and fuse looks about right, has a T tail.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8New-In-Box%29
Pelican wing was never covered with obechi. Phil Barnes made that wings.

Kurt
Jul 17, 2019, 03:29 PM
Balsa breaks better
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzimmerm
What is the red fuse composed of? Any chance it is all Kevlar? If so it may just be a Waco Terminator

The first set of wings resembles the Falcon or one of the Airtronics designers of the 1990ís.

As for the blue wing, just not sure

Kurt

Don't think it is a Terminator, they were V Tails . . . Thank You Herk Stokley for this bit of information from 1993 in my search for Terminator building instructions.
From what I have learned the original Magic or Merlin was a T tail until Frank changed to V tail designs.

Joe

Balsa Breaks Better
Woodies Forever
Jul 17, 2019, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzimmerm
Pelican wing was never covered with obechi. Phil Barnes made that wings.

Kurt
Yeah, meant Esteem, some early ones were obechi covered before the glass ones.
Jul 17, 2019, 08:54 PM
Sapphire or Pelican wings were triple taper, that is why my guess was Falcon 800. But F800 only had 100” span...

Marc

Quick Reply