Nov 18, 2019, 02:27 AM
What is annoying is that I paid an extra €5.00 or so hoping to get tracking that worked because I have never had the tracking details showing using the free option and figured that it would be nice to be able to see when it is going to arrive. Just shows 'created' on every tracking site that I can find.

Oh well, one day.

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2019, 11:39 AM
"Dear Paul Bray
Thank you for shopping on Banggood.
We have arranged a refund of your order 74604227 for it is returned due to security check.
Refund amount: full refund
Estimated refund arrival time including the approving time:
PayPal Express Checkout - Within 3 business days
We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to assist you.
Best regards,
Customer Service"

No new toy for this little boy

Went straight on to order the one from the USA which was in stock yesterday, gone.

Ordered one from an ebay seller but it comes (once again) from Asia, next birthday is only 11 months away so fingers crossed.

Paul
Nov 18, 2019, 11:41 AM
PS,

Kudos to BG, mailed them on Saturday, full refund no quibbling 3 days later, just would have been nice if they had spotted the situation first (like 2 - 3 weeks ago!!!!).
Nov 18, 2019, 12:27 PM
Wow that bites for sure and sure feel for ya as I've been there before too. Ya wait and wait and then wait some more and get more frustrated each and everyday and then end up getting a refund. Seen several on ebay but all are from China so its just more waiting time. Good luck on your order.
Nov 18, 2019, 06:05 PM
Well like I said before my battery was out of balance so thought I'd give the battery charger that came with it a try. It says its a balance charger so before I charged it I took a cell reading and here's what it said. Cell one 3.91 cell two 3.88 and cell three 3.84. So on to the charger it went. Four hours and ten minutes later it said done. Reading as follows Cell one 4.19 cell two 4.14 and cell three 4.14 total 12.4 volts. Believe at this rate gonna need a couple of spare batteries and possibly a much better charger as four hours plus for a battery charge for a as shipped battery ain't gonna work so good. Hard telling just how long it would take to charge this battery after a full flight. All of my heli batteries and I have a ton of them all test out at 4.20 per cell and some at 4.21. So not certain if this new battery is junk or the charger is junk or both at this point and time but not real happy right now.
Nov 18, 2019, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man flying
Well like I said before my battery was out of balance so thought I'd give the battery charger that came with it a try. It says its a balance charger so before I charged it I took a cell reading and here's what it said. Cell one 3.91 cell two 3.88 and cell three 3.84. So on to the charger it went. Four hours and ten minutes later it said done. Reading as follows Cell one 4.19 cell two 4.14 and cell three 4.14 total 12.4 volts. Believe at this rate gonna need a couple of spare batteries and possibly a much better charger as four hours plus for a battery charge for a as shipped battery ain't gonna work so good. Hard telling just how long it would take to charge this battery after a full flight. All of my heli batteries and I have a ton of them all test out at 4.20 per cell and some at 4.21. So not certain if this new battery is junk or the charger is junk or both at this point and time but not real happy right now.
I've had quite a few unbalanced/unbalanceable batteries supplied with my toys. Best you can do is hack the end off the supplied charger's JST-XH plug, strip the ends off the wires and solder a 1-cell connector of your choice (I use JST) across each individual cell in a daisy chain. Then you should be able to charge each cell 1 at a time up to a full 4.2v with your hobby grade charger. After that see how they balance up after using.
Nov 18, 2019, 08:53 PM
I can't believe it, perhaps it's my lucky day.

I ordered my Xk x450 aviator from Bang Good on the evening of the 11Th November. It was delivered to a country town in Queensland Oz at 10.00 AM this morning.
Nov 18, 2019, 11:02 PM
I was also fortunate to have my motel shipped in 8 days from bangers .I think it's because OZ is down hill from China .Europe is up hill..

And I have to agree with OZ re the balancing act .The crap chargers that come with these model are simply a wast of space and the only good way to balance is the individual cell method via the balance lead ....but saying that I have just acquired a ToolkitRC M8 charger and this stands head and shoulders over any previous four button charge that I have had.
Chris...
Nov 18, 2019, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil W
I can't believe it, perhaps it's my lucky day.

I ordered my Xk x450 aviator from Bang Good on the evening of the 11Th November. It was delivered to a country town in Queensland Oz at 10.00 AM this morning.
Bewdy! Set up the camera so we can see the bits fly!
Nov 18, 2019, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinoz
I was also fortunate to have my motel shipped in 8 days from bangers .I think it's because OZ is down hill from China .Europe is up hill..

And I have to agree with OZ re the balancing act .The crap chargers that come with these model are simply a wast of space and the only good way to balance is the individual cell method via the balance lead ....but saying that I have just acquired a ToolkitRC M8 charger and this stands head and shoulders over any previous four button charge that I have had.
Chris...
Hey Chris, I'm gunna try some grey-nomading shortly. Where'd that Motel of yours land?
Nov 18, 2019, 11:42 PM
OOPS Hey .. I never said I was perfect ( just very good)
Nov 19, 2019, 04:05 AM
'Yer all showing off now, making me feel left out.....
Nov 19, 2019, 05:32 AM

Yippee ki-yay

I ordered my Aviator on Oct. 05, 2019. I received an email yesterday saying that it has shipped. They said 8-20 days (sounds like x-mas to me) for travel, which they said they have "no control over that". I'm thinking ship, but maybe air transport?? Anyway, still many hurdles to navigate. One time, I received a model that had parts missing, which I actually had to fabricate as the vendor said, so sorry, "no control over" that.
I won't be really satisfied with this purchase until it works as advertised, battery excepted. This might be my last order from across the big pond. I have enjoyed almost everything I've bought from there, but my air force is really getting too large right now. I really prefer building and repairing anyway. I'd rather wait for epoxy to dry, than waiting months for something I've purchased.
Happy days to come?
Nov 19, 2019, 06:13 AM
San Diego California

In my case is 75 days,,,

It is scheduled to be delivered a little more than 60 days although I can inquire Banggood the tracking details after 60 days.
Last edited by Old NEET; Nov 19, 2019 at 09:34 AM.
Nov 19, 2019, 07:22 PM
Paul
Stick to it buddy...it will happen ... probably find that it will drop in price and you will have the last laugh.
Old Neet
Sounds like a "tramp steamer" job for you.
Took my model out again yesterday and had several flights ...and I can confirm that it is a great one to have ...drew the attention of my club mates and the transitions are pretty good.I was pleasantly surprised to see how it was handling the 6-8 MPH wind. Rock solid .
Happy Landings
Chris...

Quick Reply