Jul 15, 2019, 07:33 PM
The Junk Man
Thread OP
Discussion

Lightest 3 axis Stabilizer NOT Horizon Hobby models

Looking for the lightest 3-axis stabilization system not by Horizon.

Any info appreciated.

Tom
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2019, 11:10 AM
I would look to the small flight controllers usually found in quadcopters. They can be configured for fixed wing through the betaflight (cleanflight, inav, etc) control panel. I recommend that you get at least the F4 or F7 versions.
https://www.readymaderc.com/products...-rxsr-receiver

I have also de-cased the S6R receivers to save size and weight.
Jul 16, 2019, 11:17 AM
Or, the Volantex v761-1 Mini Trainstar has a gyro.
Jul 16, 2019, 11:40 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
you can get 16mm FC boards that weigh 2.5g or less. course they are usually for lower cell counts, so might need a voltage regulator.
for fixed wing i don't see the real need for f4 and above, but it cant hurt, and makes firmware upgrading easier. -but in reality you don't really need to upgrade and it will fly just fine with stock firmware and proper settings. just depends on what OP really wants out of it.
Latest blog entry: MY notes/ Ascent 2"build notes
Jul 16, 2019, 03:16 PM
The Junk Man
Thread OP
Thanks for the suggestions. I should have said I was primarily looking for an all-in-one solution similar to the Lemon stabilizer models but maybe a bit lighter.

Tom
Jul 16, 2019, 03:48 PM
Brushed? Brushless? Volantex maybe your best bet for an AIO on the brushed side (buy the plane and scrap it for parts). If you find a brushless solution, be sure to post it her for the rest of us.
Jul 16, 2019, 04:18 PM
The Junk Man
Thread OP
Brushless.

Tom
Jul 16, 2019, 05:12 PM
Looks like maybe everything but servos are integrated...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-w-6-Axis-Gyro

Quick Reply