May 08, 2001, 11:35 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
Thread OP
Welcome to the Zone

For links to clubs and site, click on the "LINK" above.

For a slowflyer question, try the slowfly collumn!
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2001, 11:53 PM
Maybe a little fast, but I have heard good thngs about the new Ripmax Spitfire that Hobby Lobby sells. It is not on their website yet, but the buzz in the threads is pretty loud. I think i first heard about it in the foamies section, but could be wrong. Just try a search.
May 09, 2001, 12:52 AM

New to Electric Flight

I have been fascinated with R/C flight for over 20 years. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to begin R/C flight until last year. In that year I've managed to gather up 3 glow powered planes and I am also the proud owner of 2 Lite Stiks and a SkyScooter Pro. My career has recently taken me on the road so I really do appreciate the advances in electric flight that have allowed me the opportunity to pack a plane and fly while away from home. It also happens that our R/C field is more than 45 minutes from my home, so getting in a few flights after work are only possible to me through the miracle of park flyers. I have spent several weeks reading through the countless posts on this website and I have noticed some things that bug me a little. I am an AMA member because my field requires that I am insured to fly there. But more importantly, I am an AMA member because I enjoy the hobby of model aircraft. How can some people criticize something they have never been a part of? Not only am I insured in case of an accident, 12 times a year I receive some of the best tips from people who have made model flight possible. If you truly enjoy, model aircraft, what other organization can you join that is devoted especially to your hobby? I have read "Why should I pay for AMA insurance if I never will need it?" My field offers flight training to people with their AMA for free. I learned to fly with 1 airplane. How many parkflyers does it take on your own? Even 1 broken airplane would cover the cost of AMA membership. However, I'm not here to just to defend the existence of AMA. As the subject heading states, I am new to electric flight and I am learning a lot about flying whether I am controlling a glow-powered or electric plane. I am really looking for a park flyer that will offer some decent aerobatics. Any suggestions? Finally, I also want to include more electric flight links for my club's website. Please send me links to other sites which deserve mention on our site. It is http://ncrchawk.tripod.com

Quick Reply