Jan 16, 2020, 08:10 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Thread OP
Up at wainui today
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2020, 05:32 AM
David Vels
So, an American, a Kiwi and an Aussie walk into a bar ...

after a great day on the hill, that is!
Last edited by Larrikin; Jan 17, 2020 at 05:59 AM.
Jan 17, 2020, 07:34 PM
Auzzie built planks
Very cool , thanks for the pics lea.

Awesome to here you guys passing the monster around yesterday for a bit of limo fun.
Jan 18, 2020, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbuck
Very cool , thanks for the pics lea.

Awesome to here you guys passing the monster around yesterday for a bit of limo fun.
That thing looks Awesome in the circuit
Jan 18, 2020, 07:15 PM
Wild willie Don
Jan 18, 2020, 07:18 PM
131 with Killer Gizmo
Jan 19, 2020, 03:58 AM
608 km/h!
Thanks for an awesome fest guys, best one yet i reckon. Perfect weather, not one day with no flying, a couple of really big days and we flew pretty much every one of the main sites.
I got the Scorcher over 300 for the first time which has been a long term goal and also was lucky enough to be there to see Alex finally break 500 and Asto break 400!
And also some of the best front side flying I can think of, when DS gets a bit much.
Ive gratuitously linked a couple of videos of me. Listen to the Scorcher vid with some high quality sound and I can't believe some of the sounds it was making, and slow it down at the end to watch about as low a save I could manage!
It's a shame I can really only manage to fly once every two years or so but so worth it whan you get to go to a place like Chch.
Josh Flying his Scorcher to 310 at Tekapo (2 min 28 sec)

LaunchAndCatch (1 min 4 sec)
Last edited by josh18; Jan 19, 2020 at 04:03 AM.
Jan 19, 2020, 04:21 AM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Thread OP
NZ DS Fest 2020 - Day 8 and 10 (13 min 26 sec)
Jan 19, 2020, 04:25 AM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Thread OP
Hard going editing video. I'm getting there. Fest has been so full on, and so much flying and action everyday, literally makes it impossible to edit and post video (unless I choose not to sleep haha) but with the last week being all very similar flying days, I just got bits and pieces of video. Will likely be one more to come after above.

Back at work tonight, what a weird feeling. Doesn't feel right after the times that have been had.

What a fest!
Jan 19, 2020, 06:39 PM
Alex-thanks for the reports and videos this year
Jan 19, 2020, 09:23 PM
There is only DS

Nearest 2020

Well finally it's over again, And I gotta say this has been my best DS fest yet. Flying my own models and having them perform so well. T60, T2M AND most of all my 2.6m Sound Wave to smash 400 on a maiden flight with new fuse was a emotional flight for me. Hundreds over hours spent in shed building and testing. And a huge thanks to Scott for the Cad work. Also Paul Mashall for machining me the molds.

I'm a little disappointed with myself on dive in on 2nd flight after adding more elevator throw and adding steel joiners I didn't go deep enough and it got slammed and lawn darted on backside. All good though just had to silicon all hinges. Oh well next time I think 500 is very possible with this puppy.
Big Thanks to Sean Molony for designing and great airfoil as well. I hope all is well Sean missed you here mate wish you were here with that Deepend cutting laps with me.
A huge congrats to Paul Mashall and Don Tester in designing a super slippery model the Wild Willy 2.6 and the 2m TNT. And Paul's Pocket Rocket.
They were so under the pump to try and get the Wild Willy finished in time for the fest and I think it burnt Paul out he was setting up throws on the hill at Tekapo. He didnt get his mojo and normal style of straight down the line of flying until later in the fest.
He was very nervous at Tekapo. Still 280mph massive achievement.

Also I maiden the new mk2 GIZMO which I was really nervous to fly being such a unobtanium and beautiful model to fly sooo fast.
We had so much fun furballing with Paul and Alex which I wish I had got video of. That was one of the most intense fireballs I've ever had, Not the fastest but fun.

Can't thank Alex enough for organising an event.
And congrats on the 500 bro. A few more mods to that plane and you got the record mate.

Great meeting everyone at the fest new faces and old. I'll see you all in the future.

Just remember there is only DS
Last edited by airtimeasto; Jan 19, 2020 at 09:33 PM.
Jan 20, 2020, 09:45 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Thread OP
Had an amazing birthday dinner at Shaka Bros Chch! The best burgers and fantastic service!
Jan 22, 2020, 06:27 AM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Thread OP
My computer has crashed and I've lost my last two edits. Took days to finish the last one I posted. Got another one finished and 72%saved, then computer froze and nothing has brought it back to life
Jan 22, 2020, 05:39 PM
don't you hate that !! the videos have been fantastic. Even Leigh was happy sitting watching them on the TV. A HUGE thanks for all the effort. Awesome

Quick Reply