This thread is privately moderated by Miami Mike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 15, 2019, 10:01 AM
It's a Boolean thing.
Thread OP
Discussion

The International Dateline

timeanddate.com has this to say about the International Dateline:
Quote:
What Happens When You Cross the Dateline?

When you cross the International Date Line from west to east, you subtract a day, and if you cross the line from east to west, you add a day.

Depending on which time zone the country follows, the time difference on either side of the line is not always 24 hours. For example... (an example exception follows)
I don't think this is true. I think when you cross the International Date Line from west to east, you subtract 23 hours, and if you cross the line from east to west, you add 23 hours. There may not even be a case where the time difference is 24 hours.

What do you think? Would you agree that the website author had one job and blew it?
Latest blog entry: The Shepard Tone Vario
Aug 01, 2019, 01:50 PM
Bombs away! Err...landing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike
timeanddate.com has this to say about the International Dateline:
I don't think this is true. I think when you cross the International Date Line from west to east, you subtract 23 hours, and if you cross the line from east to west, you add 23 hours. There may not even be a case where the time difference is 24 hours.

What do you think? Would you agree that the website author had one job and blew it?
I disagree, You go to an hour ahead yesterday or an hour behind tomorrow. :P

Where I grew up is 4 hours ahead yesterday.

Quick Reply