Jul 14, 2019, 08:56 AM
4 wheels move a body; 2 a soul
Thread OP
Discussion

Got a Great Anti Inflammatory Med

Since I'm around 70, training for my up
coming 500 mile pilgrimage in Spain has been tough. Mainly getting used to continual back to back hi mileage days. No way I'll make it wo drugs. The Motrin just isn't cutting it. A little weed daily would probably do the trick but since I'm going to abstain I got this stuff, prescription only, called Mobic. No doubt continued use for extended periods will cause harm but for those really bad periods.....the stuff is amazing.....take one at night wake up next day....feel 30 years younger.....what joint pain?.....reminds of that movie Cacoon. Anyway in a pinch stuff does the trick!
Jul 14, 2019, 09:15 AM
Seriously?
Glad you found something that works!
Jul 14, 2019, 09:32 AM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Awesome. Joint pain and inflammation will tend to put a damper on 90% of daily activities other than sleeping and sitting in front of a computer.

One slow acting remedy I would also suggest is cutting out as much sugar and fructose as reasonable. If one is a normal to high sugar consumer and sugar intake is all but stopped, it takes about a month to feel any noticeable results, but the baseline pain will reduce. Sugars ARE a slow poison.

https://www.spinemd.com/vtfc/news/th...cle-joint-pain
Jul 14, 2019, 10:35 AM
No more nicotine for me!
You may want to look at CBD oils, all the helpful stuff you get from weed, but without the high.
Jul 14, 2019, 12:09 PM
I have a whole bottle of Meloxicam due to neck spasms. It does take time to work up in your system and is not recommended for people with heart conditions. It's good stuff but I wouldn't recommend it for long term use. Just remember to drink lots of water while taking it.
Jul 14, 2019, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glderguy
Since I'm around 70, training for my up
coming 500 mile pilgrimage in Spain has been tough. Mainly getting used to continual back to back hi mileage days. No way I'll make it wo drugs. The Motrin just isn't cutting it. A little weed daily would probably do the trick but since I'm going to abstain I got this stuff, prescription only, called Mobic. No doubt continued use for extended periods will cause harm but for those really bad periods.....the stuff is amazing.....take one at night wake up next day....feel 30 years younger.....what joint pain?.....reminds of that movie Cacoon. Anyway in a pinch stuff does the trick!
How are you going 500 miles? Running, biking?
Jul 14, 2019, 06:41 PM
turn, turn, turn.
On foot...old school.
Jul 14, 2019, 07:05 PM
No Country for Snowflake Men
Yup, Mobic/Meloxicam is good stuff but you cant take advil, motrin, aspirin, or alieve while you're on it. Only tylenol, if you need it.
Jul 14, 2019, 07:14 PM
Doctor had me taking meloxicam daily for Arthritis in my hands and feet. It works great but I didn’t want to take it every day so I only take it on bad days.
Jul 14, 2019, 09:53 PM
Thread OP
Thanks guys. I have read that it takes time to build up in system yet Dr basically said take as needed but don't get carried away....side effects I guess. Usually do there or four days then back off. I believe that yes eliminating sugar helps alot as does CBD. Yes going by foot. Once you reach Santiago there is another loop to mile marker 00.0. Finisterre on the coast. True end of the whole thing but adds roughly three more days. We will see. Many call it quits in Santiago. Thanks again for input.
Jul 16, 2019, 09:49 AM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E
Yup, Mobic/Meloxicam is good stuff but you cant take advil, motrin, aspirin, or alieve while you're on it. Only tylenol, if you need it.
I have been prescribed this daily for about a decade.

Just heard about the contraindications for the first time, about 6 months ago...
Jul 16, 2019, 09:49 AM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech
Doctor had me taking meloxicam daily for Arthritis in my hands and feet. It works great but I didnít want to take it every day so I only take it on bad days.
It only really works well, as a cumulative dose over time.
Jul 16, 2019, 10:00 AM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
A decade of everyday use?!?!

Sounds like your heart is due to blow out like an old re-tread on a Georgia dirt road any day now.

"Meloxicam can increase your risk of fatal heart attack or stroke, especially if you use it long term or take high doses, or if you have heart disease."

https://www.umcvc.org/health-library/d04532a1
Jul 16, 2019, 10:16 AM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdactyl

Sounds like your heart is due to blow out like an old re-tread on a Georgia dirt road any day now.

"Meloxicam can increase your risk of fatal heart attack or stroke, especially if you use it long term or take high doses, or if you have heart disease."

It is one of the 'rare side effects.' There is a very long list of those.

The alternatives at this point are:
1) New right great toe joint
2) New left thumb joint
3) New right thumb joint

Among others...
Jul 16, 2019, 10:44 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdactyl

LOL.....thanks man!

Quick Reply