Jul 23, 2019, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_antenna
The attachment is a DWG format pcb layout, which is easy to implement using 1mm FR4 common material.
The antenna working frequency is 5180-5400MHz, I wish you good luck.
Anywhere to buy this nice antennas ?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2019, 06:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmen
Anywhere to buy this nice antennas ?
In the days to come, you can find it at banggood. But not yet in the time, we just finished testing and need to continue to improve it.
If you are more urgent, try making it with cad data and we have posted it upstairs.
Thank you for your support!
Jul 28, 2019, 12:50 PM
Quote:
The attachment is a DWG format pcb layout, which is easy to implement using 1mm FR4 common material.
The antenna working frequency is 5180-5400MHz, I wish you good luck.
Thank you very much for the pictures, could you please make a picture with antenna wire attached?

Best regards, Norbert
Last edited by NorbertK; Jul 28, 2019 at 11:51 PM.
Jul 30, 2019, 03:12 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorbertK
Thank you very much for the pictures, could you please make a picture with antenna wire attached?

Best regards, Norbert
Different antenna combinations have different effects, the nominal distances are conservative, they usually perform better
Jul 30, 2019, 03:14 AM
Thread OP
Quote:

Best regards, Norbert
After our long-term testing, EZ-wifibroadcast HD images performed well
Later we will try open HD
Jul 30, 2019, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Different antenna combinations have different effects, the nominal distances are conservative, they usually perform better
Can you please tell us what network cards and data rates you used to get 5km on 5dbm omnididirectional dipoles on TX/RX? I get like 3km on datarate 1 and 2km on datarate 2 & 3. So I'm really curious how you achieve 5km without any kind of TX booster or RX LNA.
Jul 30, 2019, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Can I build your 20db RX antenna too ? Or it`s secret ?
Nice tests you have !
Jul 31, 2019, 08:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetruSoroaga
Can you please tell us what network cards and data rates you used to get 5km on 5dbm omnididirectional dipoles on TX/RX? I get like 3km on datarate 1 and 2km on datarate 2 & 3. So I'm really curious how you achieve 5km without any kind of TX booster or RX LNA.
Sorry, we didn't notice the change in bit rate, only concerned about the fluency of HD. The flight is smooth within 5km and the video is smooth. When it reaches 8km, it won't work.
The real test results are very surprising. When we first used the AC56 Network card, it was very unexpected for its 500mw transmit power and -93dBm receive sensitivity.
Jul 31, 2019, 08:22 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetruSoroaga
After completing the flight, we calculated the signal attenuation link, which is theoretically correct. We are used to using this empirical formula to calculate wireless signal attenuation.
33+20log(5km)+20log(5180MHZ) ≈121dBm
TX power 500mw =27dBm TX Antenna Gain 5dB RX Antenna Gain 5dB
121-27-5-5 = 84dBm

Network card receiving sensitivity -94dBm
The above calculation results show that there is no problem in achieving 5km communication distance, and the actual test also proves its correctness.
Jul 31, 2019, 08:30 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Can I build your 20db RX antenna too ? Or it`s secret ?
Nice tests you have !
Sorry, you can build a 5dB transmit antenna. It is very difficult to build a 20dB receive antenna. It is a large antenna array and cannot be easily manufactured.
Jul 31, 2019, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Sorry, you can build a 5dB transmit antenna. It is very difficult to build a 20dB receive antenna. It is a large antenna array and cannot be easily manufactured.
Thanks anyway !!!!
Jul 31, 2019, 10:41 AM
Quote:
After completing the flight, we calculated the signal attenuation link, which is theoretically correct. We are used to using this empirical formula to calculate wireless signal attenuation.
33+20log(5km)+20log(5180MHZ) ≈121dBm
TX power 500mw =27dBm TX Antenna Gain 5dB RX Antenna Gain 5dB
121-27-5-5 = 84dBm

Network card receiving sensitivity -94dBm
The above calculation results show that there is no problem in achieving 5km communication distance, and the actual test also proves its correctness.
So you are using an Asus AC56 as a transmit card with Ez-wifibroadcast 1.6RC6?
Jul 31, 2019, 07:26 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniek
So you are using an Asus AC56 as a transmit card with Ez-wifibroadcast 1.6RC6?
Yes, we tested a lot of different network cards, their distance performance is very different, and finally chose ac56 performance is very stable

Note: Do not remove the NIC case, it will affect the sensitivity! ! !
Last edited by maple_antenna; Jul 31, 2019 at 07:33 PM.
Aug 01, 2019, 09:28 AM
@maple_antenna
For TX antenna, it has to be a 1mm pcb, or it's OK to build it with 1.6 mm too?
Thanks.
Aug 01, 2019, 09:31 AM
the drawings are done

Quick Reply