Jul 12, 2019, 04:47 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Tamiya TEU-101BK no throttle

Hey guys,
trying to bring back alive my tamiya manta ray, it has the original TEU-101BK ESC and I put a new FS-IA6B reciever to it.
I took it out from my drone so I think the reciever is fine.
The problem is steering is great, but when I try to throttle up or down something weird happens, if I throttle up/down something like 25% from the middle, I can see the light in the ESC recieving the command but instead that the car will go forward or backwards, it starts steering the front wheels to the left shaky and repeadetly. If I exceed the throttle above those 25% from the middle( for example all the way reverse or forward) the steering wheels just dont move and stay in the middle, and the ESC start flashing and beeping slowly like its searching for signal or something.
I did already ESC calibration it didn't solve it, any suggestions?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2019, 09:42 PM
Is that an aircraft or surface radio?
Jul 14, 2019, 04:30 AM
Thread OP
Its an aircraft reciever, took it from my drone.
Jul 14, 2019, 09:35 AM
Try using a surface radio system. A car ESC has more functions like brake and reverse ... not designed to work with aircraft radio.
Jul 14, 2019, 10:44 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_L
Try using a surface radio system. A car ESC has more functions like brake and reverse ... not designed to work with aircraft radio.
Can you recommend please for a cheap one from a website that ship globally?
I'm not to familiar with RC cars stuff
Jul 14, 2019, 12:15 PM
Hobbyking.com

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/radio-se...ce-radios.html
Jul 14, 2019, 03:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Oh I thought you mean like different reciever, actually I dont like those TX, I prefer aircaft TX, the car worked for me before with a cheap reciever with my TX but the reciever died so now i, just trying to replace it/
Jul 14, 2019, 06:47 PM
Did the receiver die while you were running it in the Tamiya car?
Jul 15, 2019, 03:27 AM
Thread OP
Yeah, kind of, I put it, the car worked great then suddenly somrthing was wrong
Jul 16, 2019, 02:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Did the receiver die while you were running it in the Tamiya car?
Any idea maybe?
Jul 16, 2019, 10:34 PM
Try posting in the aircraft forum maybe someone there can help you out.

I don't have experience with aircraft radio system in RC cars.
Jul 18, 2019, 10:30 AM
IIRC, that ESC doesn't have a BEC and is sending the full voltage of the battery pack to the receiver. That's a likely cause of why it died.

As for the throttle behaviour, do you have the throttle stick self centering, or does it stay at whatever position you left it at? If it's not self centering the ESC is probably not calibrated correctly and will behave funny.

Quick Reply