Sep 05, 2019, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bar1
Is this a good option for a beginner?
i have the hubsan Zino, and the mi drone 4k....

very interested in this Tyro129 , of course i will also need a remote and a battery.
is the Flysky i6X FS-i6X 2.4GHz 10CH (https://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS-i...l?rmmds=search) a good remote to start with? of course in future i'll want to build
something else....will this be future proof remote?
I would suggest to look at the Taranis X9 Lite. It is really good transmitter with OpenTX and you can buy Lite multiprotocol or R9 Lite module for it. URUAV even has the X9Lite Pro version with Hall gimbals and it was only $54 just a few days ago...
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2019, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
I would suggest to look at the Taranis X9 Lite. It is really good transmitter with OpenTX and you can buy Lite multiprotocol or R9 Lite module for it. URUAV even has the X9Lite Pro version with Hall gimbals and it was only $54 just a few days ago...
Wait, 54 bucks??? Where?
Sep 06, 2019, 03:40 AM
Can you please share a link?
Sep 06, 2019, 02:27 PM
Lurking Fox
Has anyone been able to successfully wire a r9mm w/ F.port to the tyro129 F4 FC?

I currently have tried:
making sure I have the latest and matching RX and TX firmwares flashed
having the SBUS solder point bridged
all kinds of CLI inversion combinations for F.port
rewiring of the S.port/Inverted S.port pins on the r9mm itself
using the tx2 pad on the FC instead of the default "RC" connection

Is there a dedicated S.port pad somewhere that somebody knows of?
I use Fport on all my other builds because I prefer it. Most of my other builds are F7s anyways, much more straightforward.

I guess I'll revert to SBUS control for now because I know it'll work. Hope someone can shine some light on this with me.

EDIT:
I got Fport working.
R9MM Inverted S.Port--> soldered to tx2 on FC
Sbus solder bridge NOT shorted.
betaflight serial rx uart 2
betaflight fport enabled
betaflight cli settings: serialrx_inverted = OFF
serialrx_halfduplex = ON
Also, one of the stock flightmodes, failsafe I believe, was enabled and was my main reason nothing in the receiver tab showed movement, so disable/reassign the failsafe flightmode.
Last edited by AgentTheFox; Sep 24, 2019 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Solved my issue
Sep 06, 2019, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Can you please share a link?
I think he made that number up. You can get it for 69.29USD with coupon "BGX9L69" right now at Bang 'em up.

https://www.banggood.com/FrSky-Taran...p-1469909.html
Sep 09, 2019, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Is this a good option for a beginner?
i have the hubsan Zino, and the mi drone 4k....

very interested in this Tyro129 , of course i will also need a remote and a battery.
is the Flysky i6X FS-i6X 2.4GHz 10CH (https://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS-i...l?rmmds=search) a good remote to start with? of course in future i'll want to build
something else....will this be future proof remote?
It is a very, very good Tx, I have one as a reserve for my Futaba SG14 but as the Flysky receivers are extremly cheap and also has a very good range and its a very stable system I gladly recommend you to buy one. Banggood now has the Tx incl 1 Rx for $38 !!!
Sep 09, 2019, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dang
I think he made that number up. You can get it for 69.29USD with coupon "BGX9L69" right now at Bang 'em up.

No, I didn't make up that number. It was posted as one day deal in this page:
https://www.banggood.com/marketing-b.../tid-3664.html
Actually it was $54.99 plus $1.67 shipping so in total $56.66... There was also a deal for multiprotocol module for only $18.49.
It was only one day deal, that why I didn't post a link. It's gone. Sorry. I also have regular FrSky X9 Lite and it is really decent transmitter. Much better than Flysky i6X.
Sep 09, 2019, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
No, I didn't make up that number. It was posted as one day deal in this page:
https://www.banggood.com/marketing-b.../tid-3664.html
Actually it was $54.99 plus $1.67 shipping so in total $56.66... There was also a deal for multiprotocol module for only $18.49.
It was only one day deal, that why I didn't post a link. It's gone. Sorry. I also have regular FrSky X9 Lite and it is really decent transmitter. Much better than Flysky i6X.
Cool. Thanks for clarifying. It's difficult to keep track of BG's deals. 69.29USD is pretty good anyway. I absolutely agree that it's a good radio and makes a great companion to Tyro129 for a bottom budget yet capable entrance to longer range multis. Both the airframe and radio have the capacity to grow as well.
Sep 11, 2019, 08:15 AM
Quote:

I am assuming I can connect it to my PC to practice with a simulator?
Sep 11, 2019, 08:36 AM
Quote:
I am assuming I can connect it to my PC to practice with a simulator?
Absolutely! Every OpenTX radio can do it. When you plug the usb to the Radio, OpenTX asks do yu want to use it as HID device (You should select this mode for sim) or Mass storage device (you can access the SD Card contents in this mode).
Sep 14, 2019, 02:29 AM
Mine arrived Monday.
Built up but with a couple of issues.
2 of the motor wires were a bit short. They fit but are tight. (will do for now).
2nd. After setting up beta flight I took it into the garden to hover test.
Numb nuts here didn't set up my sticks (too excites to get her in the air) result was the craft crashing while trying to compensate drift.
Totally my fault. Chewd up the dalprops a bit.
So. After what felt like an age I finally got my tx to play ball with the quad. End points set correctly along with centre points.
Changed out the props for some HQ 7x4x3 which were better balanced out the box and quieter too.
Did the hover test in the garden and boy is she stable.
Hope to get a maiden flight in today wife and kids depending.

What's everyone's thoughts so far on this quad?

I have noticed that it can take an age to connect to satalites. I tried to set up vtx pit mode when the quad is disarmed but so far it doesn't seem to work. Will look into it a bit more later.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Cool. Thanks for clarifying. It's difficult to keep track of BG's deals. 69.29USD is pretty good anyway. I absolutely agree that it's a good radio and makes a great companion to Tyro129 for a bottom budget yet capable entrance to longer range multis. Both the airframe and radio have the capacity to grow as well.
any new coupons?i missed out....
Sep 21, 2019, 11:03 PM
Got mine yesterday, built overnight. Pretty excited about the $$ vs value.

But I have some questions for you guys. What bugs me the most is I can't set up SmartAudio. I added a wire from DATA to TX3 and set smartaudio on uart 3. I dont even see a menu under smartaudio in my OSD.... the Tramp menu opens but changes do not come into effect when saving. Luckily I figured out the button/LEDS but I couldve sworn this thing will do SA. Can anyone correct me or advise what I could try?
Next, I'd like to hear some PID tuning suggestions for this 7"er. My Session 5 did not come out "jello" but the quad was very very bouncy in the wind and seemed to have jitters on strong gusts.

Excited to be trying out this long-range thing on a sick budget but hoping yalls expertise will complete my experience.
Sep 22, 2019, 03:42 AM
Can't help with the smart audio.
Sorry.
On the pids have a look at Albert Kim's videos on YouTube.
Cheap Long Range FPV // Eachine Tyro129 PID Tuning 🎓 (9 min 3 sec)
Sep 24, 2019, 04:35 PM
Lurking Fox
Has anyone upgraded their Tyro to betaflight 4.1 and tuned it with the suggested 7in settings listed by the wiki?

I recently upgraded my 5in SourceOne to 4.1 (from 3.5) and wow day and night difference.
Last edited by AgentTheFox; Sep 24, 2019 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Link added

Quick Reply