Thread Tools
Aug 18, 2019, 02:27 PM
fly by night
BCSaltchucker's Avatar
yes good points!

I guess I lost the OEM amps sensorr settings when I reflashed my Betaflight firmware.

will recalibrate amps using Bardwell's method. I will take the battery from the flight, charge and see how much mah the charger puts in(????). use the ratio of amps-out(4900)to-amps-in(????) to downrate the amps meter in betaflight

EDIT - ha the lipo only took 400mah on recharging. wow. so the amps calibration is out by a bit more than a factor of 12. and the lipo is some saggy schjkt
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Aug 19, 2019 at 04:32 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2019, 04:12 PM
I kill batteries!
The flight controller for this build says its a matekf405 (or based on it).

Matekf405 usually have their current scale set to 179. 235 current scale is used for other cases.
Aug 18, 2019, 04:46 PM
Registered User
Good catch there Crashaccepted. Do you own /fly a Tyro 129 also?
Aug 18, 2019, 05:05 PM
I kill batteries!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOOMNI
Good catch there Crashaccepted. Do you own /fly a Tyro 129 also?
Nope. I mostly build. Have had 7 and 6 inch quads for a good while now. 6s on 6/7 inch for proximity/freestyle and then 4s for "long range".

Most of what's on the tyro129 I have already used/been using except for lower kv.
Aug 19, 2019, 06:22 PM
Registered User
Yes the lower kv should indicate more efficiency I would think.
Aug 21, 2019, 08:26 PM
Registered User
dang's Avatar
Does anyone know where TX2 pad is? I want to use an R9 Slim and take advantage of the inverted (I assume) UART2 Sbus is connected to for Smartport.

Thanks
Aug 21, 2019, 08:51 PM
Registered User
dang's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dang
Does anyone know where TX2 pad is? I want to use an R9 Slim and take advantage of the inverted (I assume) UART2 Sbus is connected to for Smartport.

Thanks
Now where did that come from? Didn't work for smartport though.
Last edited by dang; Aug 22, 2019 at 09:18 AM.
Aug 23, 2019, 04:48 PM
fly by night
BCSaltchucker's Avatar
Ive been working on tuning my Tyro129. I had to lower Ps and Ds from Albert Kim's figures a fair amount. I do not feel the shake much when flying but they are present in the HD video for sure.

I am using BF 4.03, and considering going back to 3.6 or so, as I've had better success with it before

I am having no end of trouble with the OSD on this rig. Strangely I can make changes in the configurator, and they persist. But they do not change on screen to match when I fly! WEIRD. Another reason to downgrade from BF 4
Aug 24, 2019, 09:23 AM
Registered User
Got the same problem with odd too. No vibes here the thing is smooth as glass. I ran the motors up with no props and they were good, checked the props and they were out and balanced them. If you do balance the props do not forget to also balance the hubs too, not just the blades.
Aug 26, 2019, 03:02 PM
fly by night
BCSaltchucker's Avatar
This fella put up a flight review of the T129

Seems he's also found the vibes are almost impossible to eliminate too. he suggests it is something inherent to the current state of 7 in quad tech. Kind of like how 3 inch quads used to be until last year (i have a couple 3 inch iflight quads with milky smooth HD video through Splits).

I have yet to balance my props though.

It might have to be that I don't bother with an HD cam for long ranging this thing. Maybe with a CCD cam it would be smooth and jello free, recording the SD video on board, and live with that (and the props in view!).

Eachine Tyro 129 Part II: Review & Flight Footage (6 min 35 sec)
Aug 26, 2019, 03:37 PM
Registered User
That jello is pretty sure caused by the props. I tried yesterday hqprops 7x4.5 2 blade props on this quad and had even on the fpv cam very bad jello.
Also those props seem to lack power and my hope was to have increased flight time, but it got worse! On the t7056c props i can even fly on 3s they have good thrust and much less jello, will try to balance them. Flight ime seems to be ok on those ones.
I fly usualy 1800mah 4s, they are enough for about 7 mins of mixed flying. I also tried a 4s2p 20700 li ion pack (6000mah, 520g), it flies but you feel rhe weight. I would recommend to use batteries that weight not more than 300g. That seems to be the sweet spot in power to flight time ratio.
Will try a 5s 2200mah tomorrow, it weights 290g.

Did anybody try to fly on 6s?
Aug 26, 2019, 06:16 PM
Registered User
I tried 7 inch Gemfan 7042 two blade props today as well as the 3 blade that came with the tyro 129. I am scratching my head because I get better flight times with the 3 blade props than the 2 blade. On a 3200 mah 4 cell and 2 blade Gemfans I got 9+ minutes and with the 3 blades and same Lipo I got 12+ minutes. I guess they have good torque being 1800 kv. I really suggest you balance those 7 inch frisbees. That's alot of mass swingin around there.
Sep 03, 2019, 07:38 AM
Registered User
Is this a good option for a beginner?
i have the hubsan Zino, and the mi drone 4k....

very interested in this Tyro129 , of course i will also need a remote and a battery.
is the Flysky i6X FS-i6X 2.4GHz 10CH (https://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS-i...l?rmmds=search) a good remote to start with? of course in future i'll want to build
something else....will this be future proof remote?
Sep 03, 2019, 12:26 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
JohnCC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bar1
Is this a good option for a beginner?
i have the hubsan Zino, and the mi drone 4k....

very interested in this Tyro129 , of course i will also need a remote and a battery.
is the Flysky i6X FS-i6X 2.4GHz 10CH (https://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS-i...l?rmmds=search) a good remote to start with? of course in future i'll want to build
something else....will this be future proof remote?
No, don't get a FlySky i6 -- you'll just end up replacing it in the future when for $50 more you could have a FrSky QX7S and be "future proof." Also, so many tutorials are geared toward Open-TX powered systems, which the FrSky QX7S is.

As far as whether the tyro kits are good for beginners? I haven't ever had one, but in observing other's builds... it really depends, on one hand it's good for a beginner because all of the parts are supposed to be made to work together, on the other hand the low quality of some parts makes them crappy for beginners. I'd say it's more intermediate. These are very cheap kits.
Sep 03, 2019, 03:44 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC
No, don't get a FlySky i6 -- you'll just end up replacing it in the future when for $50 more you could have a FrSky QX7S and be "future proof." Also, so many tutorials are geared toward Open-TX powered systems, which the FrSky QX7S is.

As far as whether the tyro kits are good for beginners? I haven't ever had one, but in observing other's builds... it really depends, on one hand it's good for a beginner because all of the parts are supposed to be made to work together, on the other hand the low quality of some parts makes them crappy for beginners. I'd say it's more intermediate. These are very cheap kits.
I don't mind upgrading some of the components....


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Eachine Tryo109 210mm DIY 5 Inch FPV Racing Drone PNP w/ F4 30A 600mW VTX Caddx Turbo BG-Wilson Multirotor Drone Talk 45 Sep 05, 2019 05:08 AM