Aug 13, 2019, 11:03 AM
I would bet not one person that reviewed this quad balanced the props. Big props and long arms are just inviting vibrations and camera woes.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2019, 12:37 PM
fly by night
yes, good idea to balance these props.

I went to finish the wiring and programming last night. what a shvt show! Youd think the Rx wiring would be wired to SBUS. pulled my hair out for 2 hours trying to get the receiver to work in betaflight. reflashed the board, the receiver, played with the CLI. nada. Then I found an unmarked pad on the FC and tried it for SBUS. works. (R9 mini rx) . so did they wire it for PPM? nuts

Also had to add wires for telemetry, smart audio and I'm not sure if the GPS is working yet either, lol. so much for the easy build. The manual suggest the GPS is on I2C, I am used to using uarts for the GPS. But the manual is vague about it. Also note the manual says the GPS is NMEA . http://myosuploads3.banggood.com/pro...O129Manual.pdf
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Aug 13, 2019 at 12:51 PM.
Aug 13, 2019, 01:00 PM
The connector on the flight controller to the rx is ppm? I thought it was SBUS
What do you have to do to get smart audio working?
Aug 13, 2019, 02:33 PM
fly by night
mine came with the Rx connector wired to a point called 'RC' and it is definitely not SBUS. hilarious. SBUS pad is found on the underside of the FC, takes a little investigation to figure out

EDIT: there is a 'receiver protocol selection solder pads' found int he manual. just solder across the SBUS ones to make the oem wiring work with SBUS. RTFM thing lol

smartaudio just needs to go to TX3 or TX4 and turn on the uart in the ports tab of BF. same with S-port, though I have't got to testing those yet
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Aug 13, 2019 at 03:11 PM.
Aug 13, 2019, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the info. I did learn something maybe from Albert Kim's video that may have been my demise of my previous gps quad. When you set gps rescue there is a tab that says sanity check or similar. I left it on the default of on. Albert had said do not have it on as if you flip on gps rescue within 100 meters it will likely crash and is what happened to mine on its second flight. It's at the bottom of a river so no autopsy can be performed. He said to set it to "failsafe only"
Aug 13, 2019, 09:14 PM
fly by night
thanks, good to know. I am used to iNav setup but not BF GPS rescue at all
Aug 14, 2019, 08:29 AM
Will that drone fly with 3S 2200mah 60c Lipo even slow, or it needs at least 4s ?
I plan to use 6030 props and the original of course.

Does anyone know should this FC work with Arducopter ?
Aug 14, 2019, 02:33 PM
fly by night
I think any 5 incher and greater needs at least 4S imho. Sure you could run Arudcopter or iNav. Only thing is I think those two require a compass with the GPS but Betaflight flies multirotors with GPS alone (and FC accel/gyro). So you;d have to look into a GPS/compass comobo and find all the suitable connections on the FC. Easier to do with a genuine Matek FC

running into more snags with this thing. The motor order was all wrong, so I had to re-assign them in the CLI. Now it flies OK, but feels better with a 4S 2200mah than a 4S 1300mah. And the camera is not working now??? the vtx and OSD works though. have to solve yet another thing I guess.

man the physical parts fit together well, but the wiring is weird. I think I prefer just building from scratch where I have a nice schematic and manual for the whole FC instead of all the guess work.
Aug 15, 2019, 12:02 AM
fly by night
Just did the maiden flight. On a windy AF evening. Delightful to fly a bigger quad with modern Betaflight on it. Has been 5 years since I flew with 7 or 8 inch props. The motors are uber smooth, the props are OK .. but .... the quad is not very efficient!

I thought the point of this quad is long range cruising? But I can't even hover it at less than about 60 amps. I was using a 50C 2200mah 4S lipo, and would not want to use anything with less punch. So li-ion is out unless the pack is 2p maybe. Perhaps other props would be more efficient? With the 2200mah 4S, I can't see onger than 4 minute flights, maybe more with 100C lipo. Maybe I will try 3300mah 4S lipo next. Wonder if it needs one of my 5,000mah lipo even. I'd like 15 minutes flight times to get up the mountains.
Aug 15, 2019, 09:02 AM
Strange, do you have a GoPro mounted on top also? I ordered 2 blade Gemfan 7 inch props for this quad because they tend to be more efficient.
Aug 15, 2019, 12:26 PM
fly by night
Not sure if the amps sensor is calibrated and I did the maiden in high winds. But the lipo I was using sure drained fast. 2200mah 4s 50c. I’ll post video

I had a very small HD camera on top
Aug 16, 2019, 01:38 PM
fly by night
video of the maiden flight

Tyro 129 long range quad Maiden Flight (2 min 57 sec)
Aug 16, 2019, 08:33 PM
Any motor or motors excessively hot or electronic components? This of course is a problem as Albert got 8 minutes from a 4s 1500 lipo if I remember correctly. You have any ideas? I was thinking maybe a bad winding in a motor. From the beginning of your video you were already down to 3.85 volts per cell after 20 seconds of arming. Doesn't seem right at all.
Aug 16, 2019, 10:09 PM
fly by night
could be crap lipo. They do not have a lot of use, but I bought them from a local guy a couple years ago who imported them and have no idea if they are up to snuff.

also, I noticed on AK's video, he was hovering around 7 amps, like 1/10 what my amps sensors was reading. odd
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Aug 16, 2019 at 10:17 PM.
Aug 17, 2019, 06:58 PM
I kill batteries!
Your post flight stats said you used 4900 mah. You stated you used a 2200mah 4s. My guess is your system is not calibrated properly meaning the high amp readings you were seeing could be taken as inaccurate.

Quick Reply