This thread is privately moderated by mdavies, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 11, 2019, 06:46 PM
Trader Rating: 44
Michael
Thread OP
$60.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Sold

GWS F-15 with 2 ducted fans 1/2 built

Part 1. I ordered this for myself, it arrived and my brain went into hyperdrive. Videos, blogs, and lots of research led me to conclude.
-foam doesn't fly as well as it could.

-apply 6 coats of Polyacrylic lightly sanded between coats (Scotch Brite Pad works), tacked between coats. Wet sand the final coat and spot fill and prep for the final paint work. Weight then decide on paint...liquidex or krylon fusion...Let cure then apply decals and a coat of Beacons Hobby Coat....

Right now, the foam is untreated and all the components fit together. If you want a project here it is !

I bought this off ebay and paid $59.00 for kit and shipping together.
-i glued the wing parts and carbon rods in place
-I set up the twin rudders...drilled and screwed in
-I set it up for the full flying stab,,,and it works
-I cut the ailerons and blue taped them on..no bevels

Twin Ducted Fan units are new and the ones that were set in the kit. I was opting for the "pusher configuration" and ordered a
HobbyStar C2808-1700KV brushless motor,,I am reversing the shaft.
-I have a 28mm motor mount from GWS for the pusher set up
-I have all the hardware ..mounts and other for the C2808 brushless.

-I have several 7.5 APC props
-I have a 30amp esc
-I paid $3.00 for a premade pilot bust

Shipping is at least $20. as I just paid it to get this kit
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply