Jul 13, 2019, 02:27 PM
When i looked for a Cad software to download to view and print this files i recognized LIBRE so i just guessed it was related to Libre Office and open-source . Im later years i tried to replace all commercial software with open-source ( replaced office, photoshop etc). I run linux (Ubuntu) as test on a secondary laptop, and most or all software i use now is available for Linux, so i might go fully Linux on my next laptop.

BA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel
Dave, I used DesignCAD 2D and ModelCAD back in the 90's, then went to TurboCAD when it came out. When I changed from Windows to Linux in 2015, I couldn't use TurboCAD, so I went to DraftSight as it would run in Linux. That was a big change, as DraftSight (an AutoCAD clone) uses very different logic from TurboCAD.

I was satisfied with DraftSight, but then Dassault decided to drop supporting Mac and Linux, so I had to find something else. That's how I got started with LIbreCAD. It has its bugs (such as disappearing text & layers), but it's working well enough for me. There are bulk file converters (such as ODA) which work well for converting .dwg to the older .dxf format LibreCAD requires, so I've been able to re-use all of my TurboCAD and DraftSight files.

I am not a LibreCAD guru! I'm just another user, with a bit more experience. I figure that if I help someone with a problem, then when I research and experiment, I'm also learning how to do something I didn't know.

CD
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2019, 08:58 AM
All my office softwareis from 2000.
I am using Windows 10 64-bit The software is working better today. Microsoft Office, Autocad, PhotoShop, and Acabat

I did have to download Libre office and only to converting to 2000.

I only had one hard to install was Autocad it uses a 16 bit installer. On internet found a 32 bit installer. Now all software from 2000 is working better than in 2000.
Ever few year I try new versions and for most part not must has change.

Ever trying 2018 Draftsight is almost as Autocad 2000 or even Autocad 95 .

Not must has change in over 20 years of software but price

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Angel
When i looked for a Cad software to download to view and print this files i recognized LIBRE so i just guessed it was related to Libre Office and open-source . Im later years i tried to replace all commercial software with open-source ( replaced office, photoshop etc). I run linux (Ubuntu) as test on a secondary laptop, and most or all software i use now is available for Linux, so i might go fully Linux on my next laptop.

BA
Jul 17, 2019, 02:08 PM

Scale to add to drawings

Scale to add to drawings DXF file
I use this to check my scale after printing, I have also for scaling none scale drawings using a dividers

Dave

Quick Reply