Sep 08, 2019, 09:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by caf2461
Redwing profile would be my vote for a 20cc arf:

http://www.redwingrc.com/home.php?cat=21
That looks like it could be a good option. Thank you.

Shipping to Australia is a bit pricey $190 US... gulp!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2019, 11:13 PM
Thread OP
Unfortunately Redwing can no longer ship to Australia.

The local dealer will not have anymore of the Pilot edge 67 till next year so snookered!

Why is it soooo hard to buy a gas plane that is around 67" that will hover!!

Does anybody else have any suggestions?
Sep 11, 2019, 04:58 PM
Perhaps you can find a Hangar 9 Twist 60?

I am currently having great fun with a Twist 60 with a DLE 20 RA. The weight is just above 3kg - and power is plenty! My hovering skills are not good enough for ground level hovering, but it pulls vertical like crazy.

The plane was apparently very popular some time ago, but unfortunately the "Twistaholics" thread is now completely useless for people actually flying the plane...
Sep 15, 2019, 05:27 PM
Several folks fly the Mojo 60 with Dle20. I have flown both it and the Primo 60 and they both fly very well with a Dle20. Easy planes to scratch build. Plans are available for download on the probro site.
Sep 15, 2019, 05:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by caf2461
Several folks fly the Mojo 60 with Dle20. I have flown both it and the Primo 60 and they both fly very well with a Dle20. Easy planes to scratch build. Plans are available for download on the probro site.
Will it hover?
Sep 15, 2019, 06:53 PM
Oh hell yes!

Do a search on you tube for mojo 60....
Sep 15, 2019, 07:09 PM
Thread OP
Prefer ARF if possible
Sep 15, 2019, 07:30 PM
Well. it looks like working on a bucks spent for bang received ARF isn't working out for you. If you want something right away, it sounds like you'll need to go bigger. Lot's of stuff really capable of hovering, but not sure how smart going with that bigger size and expense is when transitioning from a foamie. A little shy of recommending such a move actually.
Oct 05, 2019, 11:11 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomve
Perhaps you can find a Hangar 9 Twist 60?

I am currently having great fun with a Twist 60 with a DLE 20 RA. The weight is just above 3kg - and power is plenty! My hovering skills are not good enough for ground level hovering, but it pulls vertical like crazy.

The plane was apparently very popular some time ago, but unfortunately the "Twistaholics" thread is now completely useless for people actually flying the plane...

There are still a number of us on the Twistaholics thread and happy to help anyone.

There is also a "Tips" thread where we tried to post the collective knowledge. It is only 6 pages long.

Wayne

Quick Reply