This thread is privately moderated by drunnells2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 11, 2019, 12:34 AM
Trader Rating: 112
Thread OP
$70.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
For Sale

Two HB (German) 0.61 RC engines.

Selling two German HG 0.61 RC engines.

Sold pending payment.

See the photos. The engine with the plain head (not red) is in excellent condition. Turns smoothly with good compression. No exterior damage of any kind. Mounting holes are circular. Screw heads are sharp and clean. The piston skirt is clean with just a hint of staining. The carburetor is an original HB and throttle barrel is clean and turns smoothly. Apparently the engine has very little air time. I can't see or feel anything wrong with it.

The engine with the red head has a couple of problems. The piston skirt (seem through the exhaust port) is more heavily stained than the non-red-head engine, showing that it has more air time. The compression is fair (not great). I added the glow plug shown in the photos just to check the compression and it may be an inappropriate plug. The exterior is in very good condition with only a couple of tiny scrapes/scratches, but no evidence of a crash. The mounting holes are circular and the screw heads are sharp. The most troubling issue is that the thrust plate is either the wrong one or a spacer is missing between the back of the plate and the front of the front bearing. When I got the engine the back edge of the thrust plate scraped against the front edge of the bearing housing. To correct that, I put a thin spacer in between the front bearing and the back of the thrust plate --- which now makes it work fine, but I am not sure that is the best way to correct the problem.

Because of the issues with the red-head engine, I am selling the pair for $70 with free delivery in the U.S.
Last edited by drunnells2; Jul 16, 2019 at 04:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply