Jul 24, 2019, 10:28 AM
e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
If it has a v-tail, here's a guy in Washington who wants the tail.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2019, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetoF3X
I remember that in one year (2012?), it was so windy at the Gator F3B that we flew duration with the same ballast as for the speed task (~120ounces AUW). That was the only way the models could fly forward that time. Wonderfully challenging conditions! I do not recall seeing a model disappear though...
Yep, 2012 was the year. Insane conditions, and I believe you are right about no models being lost off-field.

Tom
Aug 18, 2019, 01:55 PM
Thread OP

Good News owner found

Gordon Buckland thought it might be David Bradley's plane lost during the 2011 F3J team selects. Good on you mate! You are right!! Gerry Armstrong and I will be working with David to get the plane back to him.

Right now the most immediate problem is how to get the wing sections separated from each other. Anybody know how the Pike Superior wing sections spars and alignment pins are constructed? Are the pins metal - do we have a possible rust/corrosion problem? If it is all carbon, it must be dirt/junk which has been deposited through the years and some very careful wedge application should do the trick. Any thoughts???

Also, the V tail sections will need to be disassembled. I have not seen the plane yet. Any advice tricks for doing that gently??

Best, Jim MacLean
Aug 19, 2019, 05:26 PM
The pins are Aluminum and the joiners are carbon fiber. These pins go inside the root rib and are encased in epoxy spooge. I doubt there is a corrosion problem. Place the wing in a cool area and try to separate the panels.
Aug 21, 2019, 08:49 PM
I'd love to see photo's of a plane that's been out in the wild for 8 years, what a great story!

Quick Reply