Aug 16, 2019, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlew381
Just wanted mention it here because I have been wondering for a while. R9M Lite Pro works with the original X-lite on optentx 2.3 nightlies. I confirmed this myself.

What does this mean?

If you run R9 with the original X-lite, you don't need to upgrade to X-lite pro to get all the R9M Lite Pro/ACCESS goodness. It even has the spectrum analyzer tool!

Cheers!
Are you using the r9m lite pro? I cant find anyone saying anything about it. How are you liking it? I want to upgrade my regular lite but wanted to hear something on it first.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2019, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn141
Are you using the r9m lite pro? I cant find anyone saying anything about it. How are you liking it? I want to upgrade my regular lite but wanted to hear something on it first.
I haven't tested it in the field yet but I was pleased to know that I don't need to spend $200 on an xlite Pro to take advantage of the latest ACCESS hardware. Also, you don't have to give up D8 protocol for your whoops. It's the best of both worlds if your fleet is mostly on R9.
Aug 17, 2019, 04:52 PM
Quote:
I haven't tested it in the field yet but I was pleased to know that I don't need to spend $200 on an xlite Pro to take advantage of the latest ACCESS hardware. Also, you don't have to give up D8 protocol for your whoops. It's the best of both worlds if your fleet is mostly on R9.
Thatís great news. Iím going to order one to try out. I have a few r9 quads and an x-lite so this might be the best way to go. I was on the edge of jumping on the xf band wagon when the pro was announced.
Aug 20, 2019, 03:27 PM
Is it possible to update the R9MM ota receiver via the old x-lite (over the air)? In other words: Does the old accst x-lite allow ota updates if you use the R9MM ota receiver?
Aug 20, 2019, 05:51 PM
Happy FPV flyer
For 2.4 no since that feature comes with ACCESS, but for R9M Lite yes since that can be upgraded to ACCESS. But you need to upgrade OpenTX to 2.3 for ACCESS support on the external slot, only available as nightly right now.
Last edited by Kilrah; Aug 21, 2019 at 02:51 AM.
Aug 20, 2019, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur
Is it possible to update the R9MM ota receiver via the old x-lite (over the air)? In other words: Does the old accst x-lite allow ota updates if you use the R9MM ota receiver?
Not sure. I don't have any OTA compatible receivers.
Aug 20, 2019, 09:22 PM
FrSky-MKT
Thread OP
Quote:
Yes, the OTA function works based on the ACCESS RF module and ACCESS OTA version receiver.

To use the OTA function, you need to flash the firmware for original X-Lite to add the support for external ACCESS module.
(Available OpenTX nightly build or wait for the FrSky official firmware release)

And please make sure you have an OTA version receiver.
Aug 21, 2019, 03:54 AM
thanks for the information!

@ Andrea: When will the accst flex firmware for the R9 lite pro be available? And what is the range of the R9 lite pro (accst) in combination with the R9MM receiver (approximately)?
Aug 21, 2019, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn141
Thatís great news. Iím going to order one to try out. I have a few r9 quads and an x-lite so this might be the best way to go. I was on the edge of jumping on the xf band wagon when the pro was announced.
If all your quads are on R9 and you want to covert to ACCESS, there is no point in getting xlite Pro. I'm running R9M Lite Pro on my original X-lite with 2.3 nightly. I still have D8 for my tinyhawk and I have the latest ACCESS hardware for my R9 gear.
Aug 22, 2019, 02:47 PM
Quote:
If all your quads are on R9 and you want to covert to ACCESS, there is no point in getting xlite Pro. I'm running R9M Lite Pro on my original X-lite with 2.3 nightly. I still have D8 for my tinyhawk and I have the latest ACCESS hardware for my R9 gear.

Wow - how is this possible? You can use D8, D16 and access R9? I thought you loose the ability to use D8 when you switch to ACCESS?
Aug 22, 2019, 06:35 PM
I kill batteries!
Quote:
Wow - how is this possible? You can use D8, D16 and access R9? I thought you loose the ability to use D8 when you switch to ACCESS?
People are forgetting about the module separation.

Add to this sometimes people don't clearly define their statements.

On the ACCST x-lite (non-pro) you can flash OTX2.3 nightly which allows the tx to control/speak to an external module that is ACCESS capable. The module will interact with its ACCESS rx.

The INTERNAL module will still be ACCST and so d8 is available.
Aug 23, 2019, 03:45 AM

R9M lite Pro and the first X-Lite

Hi, I've just upgraded my openTX to 2.2.4 nightly on my X-lite and upgraded my new R9M lite PRO to the flex firmware. I can select the R9M in the ext. module menu but no the R9M pro. Alos no output power setting it is fixed at "(100mw)" like in the first R9M lite. Also where can i find the spectrum analyzer?
Aug 23, 2019, 04:01 AM
never mind, I got it working with 2.3. but there is no option to change the frequency? just the power settings. Or do I have to bind a receiver first?
Aug 23, 2019, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashaccepted
People are forgetting about the module separation.

Add to this sometimes people don't clearly define their statements.

On the ACCST x-lite (non-pro) you can flash OTX2.3 nightly which allows the tx to control/speak to an external module that is ACCESS capable. The module will interact with its ACCESS rx.

The INTERNAL module will still be ACCST and so d8 is available.

Thanks!
Aug 25, 2019, 01:18 PM
Quote:
I was thinking about upgrading to the xlite pro until I read it canít do d8 plus a lot of people are saying itís just not that much of an upgrade. Iíll just grab a r9m lite pro and have the best of both worlds and I can still use my current r9m lite module on all my current r9 quads without buying all new receivers.

Quick Reply