Fan-tastic Models Mig-15 Modifications and Discussion - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 14, 2005, 07:54 AM
Glue can fix that.

Fan-tastic Models Mig-15 Modifications and Discussion

I have seen the other threads regarding the Fan-tastic Models Mig-15, but a few changes have been made by the company to the kit. Also I have some changes I would like to share.

All your comments are welcome, and post your pictures if you have them. I will try to link to the other Mig-15 and Sabre threads.

Here is what the end product will look like, if you are unfamilar with this kit:
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2005, 07:58 AM
Glue can fix that.

Power!

here is the proposed power plant. A direct swap a Brushless feigao motor.
CC 10 amp esc.
Micro antenna.
Feb 14, 2005, 07:59 AM
Glue can fix that.
I used the 5 blade fan.

I skipped the gws motor all together. But here is a thread on it in case you are interested: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40770
Last edited by Brutus; Feb 14, 2005 at 08:01 AM.
Feb 14, 2005, 09:59 AM
Great start Brutus! I have one in the box, too many projects and already have the counterpart F-86 Sabre flying. Your Feigao motor has larger wires than mine, did you rewire it or is that how they come now.
Feb 14, 2005, 10:40 AM
Rem The Wasp CV-7 9/15/42
Does anyone have a better way of controlling the ailerons? I don't know if I like the idea of thread.
Feb 14, 2005, 11:42 AM
Glue can fix that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donodo
Great start Brutus! I have one in the box, too many projects and already have the counterpart F-86 Sabre flying. Your Feigao motor has larger wires than mine, did you rewire it or is that how they come now.
that's how the motor came.

Sammy, I had my doubts about it too. But everyone says it works well.
Feb 14, 2005, 11:49 AM
Rem The Wasp CV-7 9/15/42
I'm sure it works well, but I don't know if I have the patience to rig it!
Feb 14, 2005, 01:08 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Sammy, If I can do it.... ANYONE can!

I must admit I'm still putting mine together but the aileron's were not a real big deal.

Tonight when I get home Ill post photos where I'm at and what I have done.

Peace!

Tommy
Feb 14, 2005, 01:10 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Brutus

Did you have trouble fitting the EDF in with the motor connector you used? I had the same thing in mind but was not sure if it <the connector> would fit up into the tail section.

Tommy
Feb 14, 2005, 02:52 PM
Which brushless are you using?

Stacker
Feb 14, 2005, 03:14 PM
Glue can fix that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytorino
Brutus

Did you have trouble fitting the EDF in with the motor connector you used? I had the same thing in mind but was not sure if it <the connector> would fit up into the tail section.

Tommy
No problem at all. There is a gap atop the fan where the tail forms that is a perfect groove for the wires. Of course as you can see I used the small deans connectors.

Stacker: feigao 120828L brushless motor. Should give me 6-7 oz of thust.
Feb 14, 2005, 03:41 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Stacker

Iím putting together the same combo you ran. The 5800 on 2cells with a 5 bladed fan.

Looking back at your post < https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=31 > did you find it odd that you were only pulling 3.4 amps?

BP quotes the 1208425L at least 6+amps draw on that motor with 2S in the EDF 50 and a 2030 X 5 rotor. For you to only be pulling Ĺ those amps is again indeed odd. Perhaps thats part of the reason for your disapointing thrust data?

Brutus thanks for answering the question if the micro-deans will fit up in the tail.

Peace

Tommy
Feb 14, 2005, 03:54 PM
Glue can fix that.
Stacker that He162 is one odd looking plane--I like it.

here are the tiney weeny parts I am using to keep the weight down. 4.3gm servos! I have used smaller, but these don't cost that much.
Last edited by Brutus; Feb 14, 2005 at 04:22 PM.
Feb 14, 2005, 04:04 PM
Hey Tommy, I'm still waiting to see what other people get. I'm the first to admit I could have a bad motor, or even a missmarked one. I liked the thrust, just had to have three cells to get it. If I could get 4 ounces out of two cells I'd be happy. Keep use informed on how your setup works. I'm also wondering if I had a problem with my speed control timming too. Maybe I will try it again with a new bat.

Stacker
Feb 14, 2005, 04:08 PM
Brutus, that gear should knock down the weight quite a bit. I bet with a small bat pack you might only weigh in at a bit over 5 ounces

Stacker