This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 07, 2019, 09:19 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

UMx Whipit ( New )

Finally !

Got here this morning ..

What to complain about ?

Those wing mounting screws are still cheap nasty soft pot metal .
I stripped one trying to remove it after test fitting the screws ...

What I cant complain about ..

The holes for the wing mount screws have been enlarged
The carbon spars in the wing , with this one , are not lose in the middle under the plastic .
Horizontal stab was not broken off as with my first one
Vertical stab looks to be better installed
Mounting the wing was relatively painless ( OK = Those soft screws bite )

Overall , I would say this Stock Whip was better made than the first one I got .

And that's as far as I have got , .... The wind is up today ..

I did go out this morning and fly my WL F959 with a SQ12 camera on it ..
Was not a success , seems the weight of the camera made the F959 swing left and right a little ..
Also I may have moved the CG a little back as the F959 was climbing all the time .
The SQ12 crapped itself after 1 minute = Maybe because of the engine vibration ?
I may try again with a SQ11 ... Slightly more forward , For CG and to get away from the brushed motor .
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2019, 02:26 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
I have a DLG 1000 and it kept breaking the fuse boom off just in front of the rudder.. all the time... The rudders are a terrible idea sticking down below the fuselage like they do. Sadly most of them are like that. OK if you catch them I guess but I'm getting too old to be clever.
In the end I decided to cut it off completely and cut the vertical fin and glue it direct on to the elevator. I just had to re-position the pushrod to the rudder.
It in fact cut 7 grams off the weight at the tail and I think performs just the same but now it cant break the boom every time I fly it.
It turns just as well using the rudder OR the ailerons.
It is not a real good dlg but it is OK for me as I dont take it seriously. Probably make a good little sloper.
It was only $70 at the time from PorcupineRC. It looks similar to yours.
Last edited by Grantham Kid; Jul 08, 2019 at 02:32 AM.
Jul 08, 2019, 03:56 AM
Thread OP
I break the Vertical Stab on my Raven 990 almost every time I take it out .
Just got to bring them in gently ..

Where ever there is a weakness , that's where they will break .
Fix the weakness , and you will expose another !

I have a TechOne DLG 1000 as well .. So far no breaking it , but it has not had that much use .
Jul 08, 2019, 06:56 PM
I did a couple of pics of my rudder mod and I added a CF strip to my wingtip as it was a bit soft.
Jul 08, 2019, 09:17 PM
Thread OP
That's interesting ..
Has the mods changed the way it flies ?
Jul 08, 2019, 09:29 PM
No, not at all that I have noticed except, as I said, a little nose heavier as I chopped 7 grams off the back. I just need to re-adjust the cg properly.

Quick Reply