This thread is privately moderated by Rocky Mtn Flier, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 07, 2019, 11:18 AM
Just For The Fun Of It
Thread OP
Discussion

Wilson Fall Fun Fly - Oct 4th - 6th, 2019

The Wilson Fall Fun Fly (2019 edition) will be held the "weekend" of Fri, Oct 4th thru Sun, Oct 6th at Wilson Lake, Lucas, KS.

As in the past, this is strictly a fun fly where slope pilots from near and far come to fly on Wilson Lake's wonderful slopes with like minded aviators. No entry fees, t-shirts, banquet, or prizes. Just a guaranteed fun flying with friends.

Many pilots come earlier in the week for multiple days of flying. So if you can, come early and/or stay late.

If you're planning to come, note your intentions in this thread so others will know.

Come one. Come all. And let's all have a "ball".

See you at Wilson in the fall!

... Greg

WF3 Oct '17 (2 min 40 sec)
Last edited by Rocky Mtn Flier; Jul 07, 2019 at 11:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2019, 06:46 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Thanks for putting this together Greg

I'll be there. I plan on arriving on Wednesday the 2nd and leaving Sunday.
Will be staying in one of the Set In Stone cabins.
Mark
Jul 08, 2019, 07:31 AM
RCG Admin
Always wanted to fly here. Not sure if I can make it, but is there any camping on site?
Jul 08, 2019, 08:18 AM
Just For The Fun Of It
Thread OP
Jason: Yes. Lots of camping. Wilson Lake is an Army Corps of Engineer Missouri flood control reservoir. And the Corps has several campsites. Sylvan Park CG is at the bottom of the dam (the dry side ) and about 1/2 mile from the main slope. Lucas Park CG is maybe a mile beyond the main slope, right on the lake. I believe there's one or two other campgrounds on the south side of the lake, but I'm unfamiliar with them.

Come on out! Nashville is probably just a very long day drive.

Can you make this thread a "sticky" 'til October 6th?

... Greg
Jul 08, 2019, 08:20 AM
RCG Admin
Thanks Greg! I'll start planning soon and see if I can pull it off.
Jul 08, 2019, 09:20 AM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Greg,
It's already a sticky - you've got some serious pull

Mark
Jul 08, 2019, 10:04 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdennis
Greg,
It's already a sticky - you've got some serious pull

Mark
Haha....I think he got it by having it replace the Midwest Slope Challenge (about time...)

-= Dave
Jul 21, 2019, 07:23 AM
Count me in, I should be there on the 2nd.
Jul 21, 2019, 07:31 AM
Jason, hope you can make it. Bring a variety of planes.
There is also a nice campground below the dam with hot showers.
Aug 13, 2019, 11:44 AM
There's a good chance I'll finally be able to come check out some buttery Lake Wilson flying. Put my time off request in...just waiting to hear if it's approved. I'm going to bring a little kiteboarding gear and a mountain bike as well. Hell, this is starting to sound like a real vacation!!
Aug 13, 2019, 12:08 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
You would be welcome anytime. You might be the only guy flying a kite board, but this is a fun fly, so bring it. :-)

The fall fun fly is all about just flying and having fun. No competition, but the occasional combat breaks out and there are some bragging rights to be had. They are only good for a few minutes though. Greg, You know Greg, Rocky Mtn Flier here on RC groups, he is the unofficial Czar of the WFFF

Mark
Aug 13, 2019, 12:37 PM
Just For The Fun Of It
Thread OP
Here's the latest - from the Corps today - of whether Lucas Point CG will be opened or not for the WF3:

"Mr. Hine

Reservations end at Sept 30, then the campgrounds become first come first serve. Sylvan should be open, Lucas campground may still be closed for construction.

Sincere
Matt Beckman
Park Ranger"

Hm... It begs the question whether Lucas Park has been opened at all this season???
Aug 13, 2019, 12:46 PM
Just For The Fun Of It
Thread OP
And Mark... Chris knows me, tho' he might be embarrassed to admit such!

I've been "whining" to the western Colorado slopers for years that they ought to come out to Wilson. That being the case, they've probably just gotten so tired of me talking about Wilson, that they've decided maybe I'd shut up if they'd just come out once!

... The Czar!
Aug 13, 2019, 02:26 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Yes, Lucas Park has been open all year, you just couldn't make a reservation.

I'm all for as many as we can get. There is plenty of room.

I'm thinking you may need to change your RC Groups handle to "The Czar"

Maybe put a -= in front of it like Dave or a little crown "\/\/" :-)

Thanks for putting this together again. I appreciate the effort.
Last edited by mdennis; Aug 13, 2019 at 03:02 PM.
Aug 15, 2019, 07:57 PM
And Repairs
Looking forward to flying with you guys.
Gonna be great.
Ty

Quick Reply