Oct 06, 2019, 01:04 PM
3DP Parts

flaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzshack
No suggestions for flaps in the manual. What settings are working for ya'll for takeoff and landing flaps? plan to maiden mine tomorrow from a grass runway with a 3000mah 4s.
Go to the Hobbyzone site and one of the reviews tells what he set his flaps to.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2019, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasantia
Flies great but very difficult to take off from grass and I broke the rod connecting servo arm to the front landing gear but sadly they don’t have spare rod from hobbyzone
3rd flight and mine broke at the same place on landing, it wasn't that hard of a landing. Just like you there is no replacement for this part.
Oct 10, 2019, 04:19 PM
3DP Parts

broken servo arm

If the servo arm is broken would it be possible to take a standard 3 or 4 hole servo arm and use a Dremel tool to ream a slot through all holes?
Oct 10, 2019, 11:39 PM
AA6JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburton47
If the servo arm is broken would it be possible to take a standard 3 or 4 hole servo arm and use a Dremel tool to ream a slot through all holes?
With a steady hand and the right bit, I’d predict yes!
Oct 11, 2019, 12:46 PM
Quote:
3rd flight and mine broke at the same place on landing, it wasn't that hard of a landing. Just like you there is no replacement for this part.
Update on this issue. I contacted hobby zone about this issue of no replacement for this rod, asking when they would have this replacement part available. They didn't answer this question but did say they are sending me the replacement part. thumbs up to them, but i would like to be able to buy spares as i'm guessing this will not be the last time it breaks off.
Oct 13, 2019, 02:33 PM
Finally flew....this plane flys much easier then some lf my parkzone 3s planes.

I have 4 flights on admiral 2200s I think I am going to 3000 after watching captain mikes vids.

I dont have any gyro and fly it very confidently.

I have 70 and 80mm jets that are 6S and they are too intimidating to even try and learn on for me. This is in my opinion the perfect trainer but evem the pros in my club liked this plane and some of them were considering to get as an easy flyer.
Oct 13, 2019, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburton47
Heat up an exacto knife and cut the hole first then dremel it.
Oct 19, 2019, 12:00 PM
Broke my front landing gear on 5th flight stall bounce.
Oct 19, 2019, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcangelo4
Broke my front landing gear on 5th flight stall bounce.
Same on my Marlin, broke on grass landing. But call HZ customer service, a modified front landing gear is expected to arrive soon.
Oct 22, 2019, 07:55 PM
I just got mine last week. Got 2 flights before the rain hit on Sunday. Took off grass with no problem at all. It is my first EDF Jet and was very easy to fly, the flaps really slow the plane down and made landing it a breeze. Flew it on Floureon 4s 2200 batteries. I think I will try to 3d print a reinforcement to go over the servo arm that came with the landing gear before mine breaks. Thanks for the heads up..
Oct 23, 2019, 08:54 AM
How are those Floureon batteries holding up?
I've been looking at those on Ebay.
Oct 25, 2019, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique K.
This is my first idea for a replacement nose gear drive horn. Made of three-plycredit card material, it features some flexibility to absorb those uneven flying field surfaces. Servo is metal-geared anyway.
They have this replacement part for sale now on their website.
Oct 26, 2019, 04:33 AM
Quote:
They have this replacement part for sale now on their website.
Could not find it... Can you post the link?

Thanks!
Oct 26, 2019, 07:57 AM
AA6JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique K.
Could not find it... Can you post the link?

Thanks!
Is this what you are referring to?

https://www.hobbyzone.com/rc-airplanes/pnp/AH009P.html
Nov 05, 2019, 07:17 PM
Anyone have issues with the servo jamming? Notice mine freezes all the way to one side on bouncy landings.

Quick Reply