This thread is privately moderated by KristofferR, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 07, 2019, 12:30 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

Multiplex FunRay build continued

The FunRay build continues.

I hit a stop when the kit contained two sets of left (or right?) leading edges for the wing. The seller RCFlight and main importer Autopartner solved it quickly. (My kit is an early batch and it spent over a year on a shelf in my closet!)

Most of the assembly is straightforward and aided by the excellent instructions.
I noticed one exception and that was when assembling the plane. The wings would not go all the way in. Apparently the protruding wing joiners bottomed out in the EPP foam. I measured three times and then removed 3-4 mm of foam and that was it.

The most time was spent on the cabling, the wings are designed for MPX M6 connectors and I made my own cables which required 24 soldering points...

Tip: Make sure the connectors to the tail servos are secured somehow. I accidentally pulled my rudder cable out while programming the TX and it took about 45 minutes to sort it!
Last edited by KristofferR; Jul 07, 2019 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Minor elaborating + spelling
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply