Aug 31, 2019, 09:04 PM
Senior to who? Member
Gordon, thanks for the clarification on the gym situation. I figured a couple demo flights would be all that I could get in without being an airspace hog. Given the speed and construction, I'd imagine most micro planes would fly right thru my F3P plane

And you are correct the big Clik is for outdoors only, with the big AXI 2826 in the nose, its way too dangerous for my liking in closed quarters
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2019, 07:37 AM
Totally agree Gordon. Even a demo flight would really put a lot of turbulence in the riom for others to deal with. Plus we don't want the event to become a 3D fest.

I tend to bring the larger micro stuff based on Parkzone bricks partly to show an entry point. While some of the planes you, Joe, Ross, etc. bring are larger a lot of it is unobtainium for mere mortals.
Sep 01, 2019, 04:02 PM
in pursuit of low wing loading
Thread OP
Speaking of Greats. My friend Ray Harlan, noted rubber power free flight champion, just let me know he's coming to NEAT. I'm trying to see if he will bring a rubber power plane and give us a demo flight at the indoor night.

He will have his version of my Carbon Bender to fly. His is a grey/blue from dyeing the mylar. We call it Darth Harlan.
Sep 01, 2019, 08:51 PM
Senior to who? Member
Pete, I just want to reassure you that unlike a 100 gram Clik, flying a 45 gram coax powered F3P at 5 mph wont disturb the air more than a person walking briskly across the room. The prop wash is not even rotating either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
Totally agree Gordon. Even a demo flight would really put a lot of turbulence in the riom for others to deal with. Plus we don't want the event to become a 3D fest.

I tend to bring the larger micro stuff based on Parkzone bricks partly to show an entry point. While some of the planes you, Joe, Ross, etc. bring are larger a lot of it is unobtainium for mere mortals.
Sep 02, 2019, 03:36 PM
I'd love to build a full size F3P 1S coax, etc. I really should copy one of George's (ampbomber) designs. Not as light as competitive planes but not >$1000 to build either.
Sep 07, 2019, 09:07 AM
Any update on the micro seminar schedule?
Sep 08, 2019, 08:47 PM
Thread OP
I just posted the final Speaker Schedule with times as a printable 1-page PDF in the first post in this thread.
Sep 09, 2019, 11:41 AM
Thank you. Helps plan my trip. Guess I'll have to take off Friday for sure! Great line up.
Last edited by howleyj; Sep 09, 2019 at 11:57 AM.
Sep 12, 2019, 04:59 PM
Forward ever, backward never!
Great line up, indeed!

Unfortunately, I couldn’t make things work to attend NEAT 2019. The 20th anniversary sure would have been a nice occasion for my first time (better late than never).

Gordon: Is there any chance that some of the Micro Seminar sessions will be recorded? This is just such an amazing lineup of speakers, it’d be really nice to increase the audience and preserve the substance of their talks for posterity.

I’m particularly interested in Petter Murren, as I greatly admire his work, and he has kept too low a profile since he drifted from hobby RC into the defense arena.

Video would obviously be ideal. But even an audio recording and some pictures would be good. Crossing fingers that one of you attending can set up a GoPro or even cell phone.
Sep 15, 2019, 07:00 PM
Thread OP
Presentations were recorded in video. Don't hold your breath in terms of them being available. This will take some time to get all sorted out. And, I have a bunch of business travel coming up, and family duties. But, it will happen at some point.

The presentations were amazing and will be worth the wait when I do get the video available.
Sep 15, 2019, 07:37 PM
Senior to who? Member
Major understatement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Johnson

The presentations were amazing ...
Sep 15, 2019, 07:55 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
I never paid any attention to the micros at NEAT. I sat in on a few seminars and attended both Friday and Saturday nights in the gym. I can't believe what I'd been missing. I'm glad I finally listened to CyberMike. Incredible.
Sep 16, 2019, 04:49 PM
Thanks Gordon and all the speakers. Great job.
Sep 16, 2019, 10:12 PM
Forward ever, backward never!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Johnson
Presentations were recorded in video.
Thanks a million, Gordon! Really happy to hear that.

Quote:
Don't hold your breath in terms of them being available. This will take some time to get all sorted out. And, I have a bunch of business travel coming up, and family duties. But, it will happen at some point.
No worries at all! Key is that the presentations were captured for posterity, and those of us who didn’t make it will be able to hear and learn.

Quote:
The presentations were amazing and will be worth the wait when I do get the video available.
Looking forward...

Quick Reply