Aug 07, 2019, 06:22 PM
in pursuit of low wing loading
Thread OP
The plan is to video the talks, subject to each speaker's approval.
Last edited by Gordon Johnson; Aug 07, 2019 at 06:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2019, 10:03 AM
Aedificem ergo sum
Just over 2 weeks to go, and for once, all my new planes are done. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

(OK, the Mini Drake isn't really micro at 5 ounces, but should be good fun on the pond ).

Mike C.
Aug 29, 2019, 01:18 PM
Thread OP
Mike, those all look great. A nice collection of new micro builds. See you in two weeks.
Aug 29, 2019, 02:27 PM
Indoor FF is pretty neat
Where can I find plans for the f-22? That looks like a fun model!
Aug 29, 2019, 08:56 PM
Thread OP
Ross, check your email
Aug 30, 2019, 09:39 AM
Aedificem ergo sum
I got it from Dave Gee - the Model Aviation safety column guy (safetycolumn-at-cs.com). I figured I'd ask Martin at NEAT if it is OK to post it or not. I CADifyed it so I can cut it on my CNC router - I think I have some extra foam if you want me to bring you a cut one to NEAT.
Aug 30, 2019, 09:03 PM
Senior to who? Member
Since the focus seems to be on micro planes I will be there with a 52" Clik and 37" F3P ship for indoors.
Aug 31, 2019, 06:56 AM
What's your Clik weigh? I got mine down to about 104g with battery.
Aug 31, 2019, 08:02 AM
Senior to who? Member
Pete, I said my Clik! has a 52 INCH wingspan. So it weights POUNDS, lol. My Clik 2.0 (depron) clik which is NOT going to NEAT is around 125g depending on battery because it was built many years ago when a Park 250 was a light motor etc. I'm sure I could lop 20 grams off easy if I wanted. But since I have two real F3P planes it would be a waste of time and effort.
Aug 31, 2019, 08:59 AM
Aedificem ergo sum
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossup
Pete, I said my Clik! has a 52 INCH wingspan. So it weights POUNDS, lol.
I was wondering how you were going to fly that in the tiny Downsville gym
Aug 31, 2019, 12:34 PM
Senior to who? Member
Just hoping I can handle the F3P in there and that its calm enough to fly the Clik during the day. I will bring a couple 47" 3DHS planes just in case
Aug 31, 2019, 05:42 PM
Aedificem ergo sum
You should be alright with the F3P. At least, I think so - I've never seen you fly .

I'll have my 44" ExtremeFlight Turbo Duster for the field. I'm leaving the Muscle Couple home this year and bringing the Kaos 60 instead in case there is wind. The Kaos takes up less space in the van so I can bring lots more micro planes (see how I kept this on-topic ) - at least 15 if you count the ARFs and 2-cell planes
Aug 31, 2019, 06:37 PM
Thread OP
If I follow you your 52-inch Clik is for outdoors. If it's calm it should be nice to fly it at the south end of the field in the Park Flier area.
Aug 31, 2019, 07:32 PM
My Clik is the 33" EPP version and I could fly it in the gym no problem. Outdoors it is ok after it gets light but before the sun rises. As soon as the sun is visible the turbulence makes it no fun to fly.
Aug 31, 2019, 07:55 PM
Thread OP
Pete, I'm sure you can fly it in the gym. But, I also know you've never brought it. Problem, as you and I know, is a plane that size takes up all the airspace in a small gym. And, a micro plane that tangles with a plane that size gets shredded. That's why the emphasis on the Indoor Nights at NEAT has always been on Micro planes. It's not what "can" be flown in the gym, but what's appropriate given the type and size of planes everyone else is flying.

Quick Reply