Jul 06, 2019, 07:20 AM
Thread OP
Question

GB05 Motor/Gear and CF 3222 propeller

where is best place to purchase GB05 Motor/Gear set and Carbon fiber 3222 propeller. Let me know if you have one or both of these items for sale!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2019, 08:53 AM
First joined Sep 2001
Plantraco, both in stock according to there site.

http://microflight.com/radio-systems...ropellers.html

http://microflight.com/radio-systems/motors.html
Jul 08, 2019, 07:46 AM
in pursuit of low wing loading
Dan, I just sent you a PM.
Sep 02, 2019, 12:43 PM
Is plantraco still not in operation? Every page I go on it says that it is for "Demo" only. You can't actually purchase anything. I've been waiting for months now because it was said that they were coming back around may or june. However I have yet to see it.
Sep 02, 2019, 03:17 PM
Thread OP

Plantraco

John
Use this site for Plantraco http://microflight.com/ they may not be up to date on security but you can view and buy from them.
If you are looking for GB05 motor gear let me know, I have a spare I can send you. Dan
will need name and address
Sep 02, 2019, 03:41 PM
Aedificem ergo sum
Dan - are you sure about that? Other than their SSL certificate having expired at the end of 2018, the checkout page doesn't seem to work - none of the fields come up (at least using Safari or Chrome on a Mac).
Sep 02, 2019, 05:12 PM
Indoor FF is pretty neat
I tried to order some of the nanoacts awhile ago, and couldn't figure out how to actually pay for them. I tried emailing them and never got a reply. I'm hoping that they are just taking a break, as no one else seems to sell relatively affordable light actuators.
Sep 02, 2019, 05:20 PM
Aedificem ergo sum
"Handsmagic" on Amazon, Aliexpress, etc. - https://www.amazon.com/Electromagnet.../dp/B075KKWM8G (and other listings), as well as Micronwings in Australia.

BTW-I have tons of the 1.1g "Microact" actuators - if you want some, LMK and I'll bring them to NEAT. They seem like bricks nowadays
Sep 02, 2019, 07:56 PM
Indoor FF is pretty neat
Unfortunately I don't really have anything to run the micro acts.
The nano acts weigh something like 0.07 grams, which is what I'm using for the 5 inch biplanes. Micron's lightest actuator is 0.14 grams. I guess I better figure out how to wind my own actuators sometime soon, which shouldn't be too hard in theory.
Sep 03, 2019, 03:56 AM
Micro Actuators are 0,4 grams. Mini actuators are 1,1 grams.

I still have a set of those MicroActs (combined with connector and a piece of balsa to help them center each other, they weigh 1,1 gram together) and a Deltang RX. That combo is about one gram lighter than a Mini Vapor RX.

Actuators still have their strong point, being in peanut scale and LRF planes. Otherwise the 1 gram weight gain is not noticeable anymore and they require more effort to install (balance of surfaces, perfectly smooth hinging). Anything above 15 grams I guess Id move up to the Mini Vapor. Anything above 20 grams and even the new rotary servos with a light rx (with plugs) increase the ease of installation, durability without a serious weight penalty. Mind you, the type of model and the airframe weight has quite an impact on the weights above (Mini Vapor is a very light airframe)

For me, actuators still do have their charm and I intend to make a new model with the MicroActs and deltang rx. Not sure what yet, peanut scale or one of those micro racers (shoestring appeals).

Quick Reply