Jul 12, 2019, 03:59 PM
Just received mine today. Bound it to my Frsky tx no problem, the manual says to set it up as a delta, On my tx I used the wing,elevon set up. I also calibrated the gyro as instructed. I then power cycled the SU 27.only to find that the motor stuttered as though it had a dodgy wire and the control surfaces didn’t move anything like they should. It looks like I may have to return it.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2019, 09:17 PM
Brawndo Air Command
Thread OP
Mine arrived today, I got the DSM2 version. Bound up no problem and has so far functioned perfectly.
AA battery on the wing for scale and have it and the larger SU-27 together as well.
Jul 13, 2019, 12:04 AM
Glad to hear yours is working ok. Let us know how she flies, fast and slow.
Jul 13, 2019, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzr11803
Mine arrived today, I got the DSM2 version. Bound up no problem and has so far functioned perfectly.
AA battery on the wing for scale and have it and the larger SU-27 together as well.
Nice!
Did it arrive assembled or did you need to glue the fins and stabs on?
And what span is it, 270 or 300mm?

Tommy
Jul 14, 2019, 07:30 AM
Old Fart With Drones
Well, ours arrived and we need to find suitable batteries to bind them. They are DSM2 and for Tommy the wingspan is 298mm. Well packed and braced in the box! Best, Aero
Jul 14, 2019, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeronut41
Well, ours arrived and we need to find suitable batteries to bind them. They are DSM2 and for Tommy the wingspan is 298mm. Well packed and braced in the box! Best, Aero
Thanks!
That might suggest that the Youtubes I posted were of a pre-production model?
When I watch the first tube I think that the main wing has a smaller span than the one we are getting now, it looks like the main wing is closer to the same span as the ailevators.

Tommy
Last edited by jimjim06; Jul 14, 2019 at 08:41 AM.
Jul 14, 2019, 07:32 PM
Old Fart With Drones
Found a little 2S 300mah battery that fits in the slot so got it bound to my trusty old DX7. The SU27 stabilizer would not recognize the delta template in my DX7 so I made an aileron/elevator mix which does work! I'm hoping the 300mah battery isn't too heavy but will give it a try when I can get out. The little motor really screams Best, Aero
Jul 15, 2019, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeronut41
Found a little 2S 300mah battery that fits in the slot so got it bound to my trusty old DX7. The SU27 stabilizer would not recognize the delta template in my DX7 so I made an aileron/elevator mix which does work! I'm hoping the 300mah battery isn't too heavy but will give it a try when I can get out. The little motor really screams Best, Aero
I ordered theese together with my plane, 5 LiPos for 5$, a Hard to beat price?
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...___store=en_us

From the EU warehouse, but they are the same price in US.

Tommy
Jul 15, 2019, 09:40 AM
HobbyKing are sending me a replacement. So I should be able to contribute more when it arrives. Eagerly awaiting flight reports.
Jul 15, 2019, 10:31 AM
Old Fart With Drones
It Flys! Got some velcro and went over to the park even though it is a bit windy! It's fast but pretty stable! With the heavy battery I needed about half up for level flight but it really zooms around! With the proper lighter batt it probably would fly slower. Will test it again when I find a smaller battery in my stash! The HK batteries are out of stock. Anyway, a fun plane and sounds good Best, Aero
Jul 15, 2019, 04:03 PM
Cool, I’m glad you like it. Keep us informed when you try the lighter battery. Did you get chance to try the gyro functions like auto level and stabilised flight.
Jul 15, 2019, 08:21 PM
Brawndo Air Command
Thread OP
Finally was able to take mine out just before dusk, and I’m impressed. I luckily had a 180mah 2s that fit perfect. It was able to fly fast and what I would consider slow and had plenty of control across the whole speed range. Also attracted the attention of about 20 Swallows so had plenty of chances to do some dog fighting.

The only quirk mine has is after launch it will dip the nose on the first turn. After it does this it flies perfectly fine.
Jul 16, 2019, 04:28 AM
Wanton construction
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott1664
HobbyKing are sending me a replacement. So I should be able to contribute more when it arrives. Eagerly awaiting flight reports.
Good to hear HK is taking care of you.
Meanwhile would you consider opening up your non functioning Sukhoi and show us the guts?
I'm curious as to the size of the receiver/esc, if there are servo ports, and if so if there's a third servo channel?
Jul 16, 2019, 12:41 PM
Hi pounder
I plan to open up the Sukhoi this weekend so will take some pictures. There appears to be a third servo port so I presume a there is another channel available.
Jul 16, 2019, 01:55 PM
Wanton construction
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott1664
Hi pounder
I plan to open up the Sukhoi this weekend so will take some pictures. There appears to be a third servo port so I presume a there is another channel available.
I actually just picked up mine and after fumbling around (I'm no master of OpenTX..) I finally got it bound and surfaces moving in the right direction.
I haven't gotten auto stabilisation on/off on CH5 to work yet though, and in order to achieve a CG 31mm from the wing leading edge I had to tape two 250mA cells on either side of the receiver and use a harness; using a 260mA 2S cell in the intended slot resulted in a really nose heavy plane.

Maiden was OK, was limited to gyro stabilised mode but had full authority (loops and rolls possible). Let go of the stick and it snaps right back to level attitude.

I noticed the unused servo port as well, too bad it's a non-standard 5-lead connector..

Quick Reply