Jul 25, 2019, 04:10 PM
I forgot to mention that I contacted hobby king and they informed me that there are no spare parts available. I was hoping to pick up a spare flight controller and esc.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2019, 04:39 PM
Don't recognize the part layout on the ESC either. Does not look like anything I have been able to locate at that power level.
What is the board size?
Do you think the YEP 7A would fit?
Do you think it may be a design flaw?
Jul 26, 2019, 05:43 AM
EvanM,
Jul 26, 2019, 05:49 AM
EvanM, Thanks for the advice. And yes it is the Freewing SU-34. I thought it looked like too much plane for a Newbie like me. I did inherit other planes one of them has the wings on top and only one engine, I think I will try that one for a while. But I am still going to try to get the telemetry data back to the controller just so I can keep a eye on the battery level. Any other advice is greatly appreciated.
Jul 26, 2019, 08:41 AM
MacJack, Knowing the battery voltage is a good thing. I do the same thing on everything I can get at. Maybe there will be a simple mod for this SU-27 to get it working.

I know this is off topic and I hope the others will tolerate us, but here are a few more suggestions for you:

1) Flite test did a 10 part video series that is specifically designed for the beginner. Well worth watching since it is both entertaining and provides useful information. You can find it HERE.
2) This is a good article out of Park Pilot that has some good information also.
3) Get a simulator. If you have the green, Realflight 8 is worth purchasing. If you lack the fundage, R/C Desk Pilot is a free version that works OK. There are also a few free versions on Google Play including Realflight Mobile and Absolute RC.
Jul 27, 2019, 01:52 AM
Just replaced the faulty esc with what I think is an ordinary 6a esc I had lying around. The flight controller doesn’t seem to recognise the replacement esc at all and won’t function. I wish I knew the specific’s of the original esc used.
Jul 27, 2019, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott1664
Just replaced the faulty esc with what I think is an ordinary 6a esc I had lying around. The flight controller doesn’t seem to recognise the replacement esc at all and won’t function. I wish I knew the specific’s of the original esc used.
cheap and nasty would be my guess.
Jul 27, 2019, 06:56 AM
I would agree. It would be good to have a better quality esc replacement as its an easy swap out.
Aug 06, 2019, 03:59 PM
It’s gone very quiet, is anybody still flying the SU-27
Aug 07, 2019, 10:19 AM
Just recently calm enough to fly outside. Very touchy on stab gain value. Looks like it is slow and ajile enough to fly in a small gym. Need to still find the right stick weight and expo to get it to fly smoothly.
Aug 14, 2019, 05:04 AM
DominicM
Brought one to chuck around. Bit twitchy in my hands...although my buddy Tom seemed to be able to fly it smoothly.

RUSSIAN Micro SU-27 w/6 Axis Gyro DSM2\FrSky Compatible 300mm (11.8") PNF: ESSENTIAL RC FLIGHT TEST (6 min 20 sec)
Aug 15, 2019, 10:35 AM
ror
ror
Hi
thank you for video! Very powerful more than I expected... Great !! Thank a lot ( mine just arrived with batteries....but 60 Km/m wind and no gymnas!)
Aug 15, 2019, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicM
Brought one to chuck around. Bit twitchy in my hands...although my buddy Tom seemed to be able to fly it smoothly.
I have been playing with the weight and expo to tame it down. Not there yet but much better than my first flight. Also limited opportunity to fly it due to winds.
Aug 19, 2019, 11:33 PM
I dont see any of the other foam jets without the cutout for the prop on bottom anyone else considering cutting out to allow maybe a 3" prop? burn motor out immediately? more power/efficiency? atleast a 65mm i would think would be better,, one of the new HQ prop ones...
Aug 21, 2019, 08:35 AM
I built an adapter that converts two 1S batteries to a 2S pack.

Quick Reply