Jul 05, 2019, 04:13 PM
Thread OP
Question

AT-6 1.5m BNF Basic - SAFE vs Safe Select

I am looking to get the AT-6. I've had the Apprentice 15 for a couple of years, never crashed, able to do aerobatics, etc., so looking to move up and the AT-6 caught my eye.

The question I have is, I like to have the Panic button of SAFE just in case of disorientation, etc. I see that the AT-6 has "Safe Select" not "SAFE". With Safe Select, will I still have access to the Panic button when I am doing aerobatics, or do I just have access to the modes?

Thanks!
Last edited by Armor9; Jul 05, 2019 at 09:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2019, 11:33 PM
ICM
ICM
Safe Select has neither a panic button nor modes assuming you mean "beginner, intermediate, experienced" modes. Rather, it limits pitch and roll somewhat similar to intermediate mode and self levels the plane when aileron, rudder and elevator are neutral ie. let go of the sticks., so in that way its sort of like a panic button. You can bind the plane either with or without Safe Select activated. Either way, AS3x is always on. If you bind it with Safe Select, it is always on unless you assign it to an open channel and select a switch on your Tx to turn it off and on while in flight. Since the AT-6 uses 6 channels (throttle, rudder, ailerons, elevator, flaps, gear), optimally a 7 channel or better Tx is required.
Jul 06, 2019, 04:14 PM
Thread OP
Thank you for the reply. I do have an 8 channel so that will not be an issue.

Do you know if you are able to map say the i button to mix with the channel you assign to the safe select that if you push it, it will temporarily turn it back on,; making it like a panic button?

If that doesn't work, say Safe Select is off and there is an "issue" if you quickly flip the switch to turn it back on that should recover the plane from the "issue", correct? Thanks.
Jul 06, 2019, 06:10 PM
ICM
ICM
You could a the assign the I button to an open channel but you'd have to keep holding it to keep it on which would be difficult if you wanted it on for awhile, for example while landing. I think your better off with a switch.
Jul 06, 2019, 11:27 PM
Thread OP
So if I have it on a switch and I get into trouble can I just flip the switch and will the plane recover??
Jul 07, 2019, 12:23 PM
ICM
ICM
Yes, if your flight controls are at neutral.

Quick Reply