Sep 07, 2019, 11:40 AM
Turnigynarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy
Did my maiden and the tail is wagging,took the tail grips apart and confirmed I assembled correctly,it is mechanical as the speed increases so does the resistance to moving( tail assembly).Also the stock blades made a bad vibration and resonance,that went away by using Zeal 68mm blades.Still messing with it but no luck so far.Reduced gyro gain way down but no difference.
The plastic tail on my Protos 500 always needed work to get it smooth - I had to unscrew one of the tail grip linkage balls a bit to get things lined up,
until I fitted new grips. Must have been some variation in the moldings. Lots of bench runs, without mains, operating the tail by hand to sort it out.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2019, 12:34 PM
Looked up some of the older threads on 380 tail issues on Helifreak and found that I have been assembling the thrust washer sizes in the wrong order.Will test again soon.
Test flew with tail reassembled in the correct order,still a little bit of wag but seems to be getting better with each flight,also the oneway bearing is still pretty tight and I did grease it but is also loosening up.
Last edited by Kauaiguy; Sep 07, 2019 at 04:32 PM.
Sep 07, 2019, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC
Thanks TF, unfortunately they won't ship from the US warehouse to the UK, and the motor is out of stock at those that will ship to the UK
That stinks. Sorry.
Sep 09, 2019, 02:42 PM

Oxy4Max blade grips

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs
The plastic tail on my Protos 500 always needed work to get it smooth - I had to unscrew one of the tail grip linkage balls a bit to get things lined up,
until I fitted new grips. Must have been some variation in the moldings. Lots of bench runs, without mains, operating the tail by hand to sort it out.
I have been trying to tune out the wag and finally gave up on the stock grips and hub after reassembling 3 times.I found the Oxy4Max grips and hub fit pretty easy,I just replaced with the Oxy4Max assembly and shimmed the grip to slider with Oxy3 feathering shaft washers (1) on each side and used a shorter screw.Went back to default fbl settings and gave it a try.AWESOME,finally the tail is behaving great.Its to bad XlPower didnít fix these issues before reintroducing this model.Models with tail issues from lack of quality control give the brand a bad name.I can finally say I like it now.
Sep 14, 2019, 11:30 AM

Bought an Evo 380

Bought a used Evo 380,going to retire my stock Forza 450 for the electronics.Will add pictures once I get it together.
Sep 23, 2019, 08:54 PM

Xlpower 380 $169.15

Powerheli.com has a sale now for this heli $169.15 use Code Protos,to late for me as I already bought,but this is an awesome heli at this price

Quick Reply