Nov 28, 2019, 05:09 PM
This is cool in case you need a charge.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2019, 12:32 AM
TEAM GORGEOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman
This is cool in case you need a charge.
I use that charger to charge all kinds of stuff....cell phone.....go-pro.....camera......iPad......anything that needs a USB charger itís good to go!
Nov 29, 2019, 08:19 AM

Sleep mode not working!!!

OK Spektrum, here we go again!!! My testing has confirmed sleep mode is NOT working on your flagship iX20 radio. I would think with all the issues with sleep mode on the iX12 this would have been a priority during testing?

I put my radio to sleep at 3:00pm yesterday afternoon, it was reading 90% @ 3.94v per Airware. This was also after 1.5hrs of using the radio so I know voltage was stabilized. I also checked Android and confirmed the % was the same. I woke the radio up at 8:00am this morning (17hrs later) and the radio now reads 60% @ 3.76v. On avg I am losing .0105v per hr. At this rate, the radio will lose its charge in approx 57hrs, which now makes sense why am seeing huge discharge rates when waking my radio up from sleep over the past week.

What really grinds me is I was the first 100 to receive the iX12 and lived through the issues including the sleep mode problems that everyone stated initially "its not a problem we don't understand what the issue is" and then almost 1 yr later, "Hey were pushing an update that now improves sleep mode". Well, it did and on the iX12 it's been perfect. My iX12 is sitting right next to me which I charged last weekend and guess what, when I take it out of sleep it is still at 100% charge. No excuse on a $1500 radio Spektrum, please get this fixed!

Dennis Forbes
Nov 29, 2019, 02:53 PM
Glad to see all these paying beta testers are doing their job

Hopefully spektrum gives us IX12 beta testers a break with a trade-in offer sometime.
Nov 29, 2019, 03:39 PM
Yeap... I will wait until next summer to upgrade.
Nov 29, 2019, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom 3D

Hopefully spektrum gives us IX12 beta testers a break with a trade-in offer sometime.
I was essentially a beta tester on the iX12, no discount here on the iX20 LOL!
Nov 29, 2019, 05:07 PM
AMA District VII AVP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DForbes
OK Spektrum, here we go again!!! My testing has confirmed sleep mode is NOT working on your flagship iX20 radio. I would think with all the issues with sleep mode on the iX12 this would have been a priority during testing?

I put my radio to sleep at 3:00pm yesterday afternoon, it was reading 90% @ 3.94v per Airware. This was also after 1.5hrs of using the radio so I know voltage was stabilized. I also checked Android and confirmed the % was the same. I woke the radio up at 8:00am this morning (17hrs later) and the radio now reads 60% @ 3.76v. On avg I am losing .0105v per hr. At this rate, the radio will lose its charge in approx 57hrs, which now makes sense why am seeing huge discharge rates when waking my radio up from sleep over the past week.

What really grinds me is I was the first 100 to receive the iX12 and lived through the issues including the sleep mode problems that everyone stated initially "its not a problem we don't understand what the issue is" and then almost 1 yr later, "Hey were pushing an update that now improves sleep mode". Well, it did and on the iX12 it's been perfect. My iX12 is sitting right next to me which I charged last weekend and guess what, when I take it out of sleep it is still at 100% charge. No excuse on a $1500 radio Spektrum, please get this fixed!

Dennis Forbes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY
Yeap... I will wait until next summer to upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DForbes
I was essentially a beta tester on the iX12, no discount here on the iX20 LOL!

Statement from Steve Petrotto, on FB. Dennis was aware of the reply, and probably should have updated the post here as well.

" it's a different processor complete and has much higher power requirements. It's not really an apples to apples comparison. So yes, it does draw more energy in sleep."
Nov 29, 2019, 05:18 PM
The text to voice and voice to text is apparently a IX 20 exclusive
It is easy to use and very fast n accurate
Unless I am sorely mistaken, this feature will change the way upcoming radio configurations will be done
The times they are a changin
Lotsa channels may be a current goal but I see a revolution in the wind based on this radio.
Nov 29, 2019, 05:44 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson
The text to voice and voice to text is apparently a IX 20 exclusive
It is easy to use and very fast n accurate
Unless I am sorely mistaken, this feature will change the way upcoming radio configurations will be done
The times they are a changin
Lotsa channels may be a current goal but I see a revolution in the wind based on this radio.

Text to Speech is on the iX12 as well, it is the biggest upgrade for the iX12 from the DX series.

There's limited Speech to text on the iX12, but it's not integrated in the app right now, likely because you need a BlueTooth mic for it to work. Would not be surprised if it is enabled on the iX12 at some point, although I think the iX12's Airware app will always be less capable than the later iX series will, because it's a transitional design and is limited by the G2 Channel processor and weaker Android hardware compared to the iX20 and any designs which follow (which I'd expect will share the iX20's CP and likely feature a newer SoC than the iX12).

The iX12 in my opinion is the DX8G1 of the iX line. It showed us what the new world looks like, but we didn't get all the way there until the DX9 (iX20). And I say that as somebody who chose to buy an iX12 this week.
Nov 29, 2019, 06:11 PM
215.0 MPH
With sleep mode meant as a flight day feature, for me its works completely as expected.
Nov 29, 2019, 06:14 PM
I am reminded of my first Smart TV
It needed more processing power but it did work
Later TV s had the improved capabilities
My first Computers had to be fitted with RAM upgrades which were not cheap then!
My 12 works well for me
To be candid tho, I did do my own test and proove, review of it .
Nov 29, 2019, 06:38 PM

Voice Volume

Is the voice on the iX20 louder than the one on the iX12? That is been an issue with the iX12 that I hope they have fixed to allow it to be at least as loud as the DX9.
Nov 29, 2019, 06:54 PM
In a word , YES
Nov 29, 2019, 06:55 PM
AMA District VII AVP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyindy
Is the voice on the iX20 louder than the one on the iX12? That is been an issue with the iX12 that I hope they have fixed to allow it to be at least as loud as the DX9.
Yes, I believe so. I have my iX20 set per the following:
1.) Android System Settings > Languages and Input > Text to Speech Output > (touch gear right of Google Text to Speech Engine) > Settings for Google Text To Speech Engine > Amplify Speech Volume set to ON

From there adjust the Airware volume slider to your preference.
Nov 29, 2019, 07:10 PM
I had an opportunity to compare the 9 and the 20
To look at just volume is not a good comparison
The 9 has been my favorite because the voice is clear and easy to understand, even at higher levels
7 is my max setting
The 20 I tried was right out of the box
The overall effect was very similar, good claritrty at higher levels
But wait———
It apparently also allows the words to be slowed or speededup!, as well as change in volume
This is a big deal.
The 12 I have, came with a muddled male voice as default
Why, , I will never understand. (Pun intended)
The available English speech choices are far easier to understand even at lower db settings. Loud enough for old guys anyway————

Quick Reply