May 10, 2021, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson
Bound for glory.......
Tell me Mr. Hansen what you know about X+. You haven’t been around much. I was hoping you were gone. Some of us come here for help with their hobby. Do even own a transmitter or a airplane? All you ever do is comment on what others do.
Last edited by oldsneakers; May 10, 2021 at 03:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2021, 05:38 PM
I searched thru the DX9, iX12, iX20 and the AR8360T manuals for ”X-Plus” information. This paragraph in the iX20 manual is the only place I found anything.

XPLUS: Activate when using a receiver with greater than 12 channels or an X-Plus expansion module. Activating the XPLUS option enables the X-PLUS Input Configuration tab in the Channel Assign menu in the Model Setup tab.

Nothing about rebinding. I’m going to guess that’s for an expansion module. And nothing about those input switches working even though they were not specified on the X-Plus Input Configuration page.
May 10, 2021, 06:06 PM
Spektrum Dev Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers
Iím using my iX20 with a AR8360T. I have 3 gain channels, X+1, X+2 and X+3 set up for the roll pitch and yaw set to switches Ltrim, LeftTopTrim and Right Top Trim. Theyíre working fine. I did not know there was a screen for the X+ channel inputs under Channel Assign. When I went in there, only the X+1 was set up with the Ltrim switch. X+2 and X+3 had nothing. I changed them to what this screen grab shows. But either way, I donít see any effect on anything. I would have thought the X+2 & X+3 gains would not have worked without this channel setup like I show it now.
I'm a little confused as to what the problem here is. Are you saying that everything was working fine, as you would expect, before ever going into the X-Plus Input Config screen? And then once you changed the settings in the X-Plus Input-Config screen, did things stop working or did they just continue behaving as they did before.

I apologize for my confusion. If you can straighten me out a bit maybe I could help more. Also, could you post an iSPM file that we could look at?
May 10, 2021, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLemon
Are you saying that everything was working fine, as you would expect, before ever going into the X-Plus Input Config screen? And then once you changed the settings in the X-Plus Input-Config screen, did things stop working or did they just continue behaving as they did before.
Thank you for answering. I'll try to get the file tomorrow. It's in another building. I set everything up unaware that there even was an X-Plus Config Input screen.

Model Adjust/Forward Programming/ Gyro Settings/System Setup/Gain Channel Select:
Set up 3 gain channels, for roll, pitch & yaw,
Roll X+1
Pitch X+2
Yaw X+3

Create 3 mixes to adjust the gains
LT > X+1 100%, 100%, 0%, Switch B active on 2,3
LTT > X+2 100%, 100%, 0%, Switch B active on 2,3
RTT > X+3 100%, 100%, 0%, Switch B active on 2,3

Doing that makes everything work. Adjusting LT increases the gain value in the X+1 channel, the gyro gain increases etc.

This works even though these switches are not called out on the X-Plus Config Input screen. Which says to me, what does that Input screen do and why is it needed.
May 11, 2021, 07:32 AM
This model uses three gain channels on an AR631 receiver. X+1, X+2 and X+3 all work as expected. Clicking LT, LTT and RTT increases the value stored in their channels. On the Channel Assign/X-Plus Input Config page, only X+1 shows Left Trim Digital as an input. X+2 and X+3 do not have any switch called out.
May 11, 2021, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers
This works even though these switches are not called out on the X-Plus Config Input screen. Which says to me, what does that Input screen do and why is it needed.
Not all uses of X-Plus are as simplistic as your example. There are cases where you need to have the input always present, and others where you cannot. If all you had available was a mix, then you would burn a mix just to put the basic function on the channel.

Did you know that in a G3 radio like the IX20, you could do three mix setups using only a single mix?

The G3 channel processor allows you to have a different curve associated with each switch position. You can have one curve using the input at 100%, another at 75%, and another at 50% - or whatever values float your boat.

Like Channel Input Config, it's a way to save on mixes. Not saying it would work in your case (each curve would have the same input device), but it's something to think about.

Andy
May 11, 2021, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Not all uses of X-Plus are as simplistic as your example. There are cases where you need to have the input always present, and others where you cannot. If all you had available was a mix, then you would burn a mix just to put the basic function on the channel.

Did you know that in a G3 radio like the IX20, you could do three mix setups using only a single mix?

The G3 channel processor allows you to have a different curve associated with each switch position. You can have one curve using the input at 100%, another at 75%, and another at 50% - or whatever values float your boat.

Like Channel Input Config, it's a way to save on mixes. Not saying it would work in your case (each curve would have the same input device), but it's something to think about.

Andy
Nice to know, thanks.
Is there a video showing iX20/AR12310 data logging? I want to be able to review temps after I land.
May 11, 2021, 08:55 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman
Nice to know, thanks.
Is there a video showing iX20/AR12310 data logging? I want to be able to review temps after I land.
Data logging is the same regardless of receiver.

SD logging on a switch, setup in Model Settings->Telemetry->File Settings
May 11, 2021, 08:59 AM
What sensor are you using that you need to wait until you land?
May 11, 2021, 09:42 AM
Temp, I want to see it from startup to landing with hovering and downline coasting.
So after I enable it, where/how do I view the histograms?
May 11, 2021, 09:45 AM
Oh, Ok
I look at them later too, but have a "max" set with an alarm while flying.

You need to get the tlmviewer

I'm at work right now, but someone will chime in.
Just google it too
It's a no charge small .exe program

Take care
Bob
May 11, 2021, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz

Andy
Thanks. That does sound slick.

Ok, so Iím going to take it that no, you need not call out a switch in the X-Plus channel Assign to use it for other things like mixes. That was the essence of my question. Just trying to make things add up.
May 22, 2021, 02:06 PM

Programming question/ issue..

So im using an ix20 and ar20310t reciever. Trying to program more like fine tune the flaps on my a24 banshee, the army version of the navy dauntless.
Im using the same servos, arms, and horns on both sides...
I can't figure out how or why the left wing, bottom wing in video, moves correctly, yet the right wing or top wing in video seems to move about 30 percent less....
Also when I deploy speed brakes left and right brake deploy what seems like same amount, left flap moves correctly, again right flap doesn't move near enough...
If I make a change to the values in either flap or brake settings it affects BOTH sides... I can't figure out how to give higher throw values to the right side with out affecting the left side at the same time....
If horn length and geometry are the same why am I not getting the same amount if movement.
And I still have the center flap to go yet also.
Any suggestions??

a-24 flap setup (0 min 21 sec)
Last edited by sbuchho345; May 22, 2021 at 02:25 PM.
May 22, 2021, 02:30 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
Swap the flap servo connections at the receiver and see if the lower travel also moves to the other servo. I used the balance setting to get the flaps on one of my planes dialed in. Same everything on both sides, but the travel and endpoints were still different. Probably not as pronounced as it is in your video.
May 22, 2021, 03:13 PM
I did go in to the balance adjustments but was unable to see them do anyting? I don't understand what the balance does.

Quick Reply