Jul 08, 2019, 03:20 PM
Now try and demonstrate that you can actually fly a model better because of differences you note . .
Wistful thinking at best . If the pots center each time - that's the real issue - those other errors are of no importance
This is not like errors in Machining equipment .
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2019, 03:26 PM
Stand by here come banana
Hughsey just tell you his experience with hall gimble!

Hughsey use less deadband and but still crash into tree!

Hughsey make video with digital gimble and analog gimble but Richard Hanson still get mad but tree still win!

No one beat tree! but Richard miss point, pot drift over time, hall gimble not do!

Only Hughsey check in betaflight!
Jul 08, 2019, 03:30 PM
Fibertech n More
Lets just hope that they don't forget about their high end users. This IX20 doesn't look like it's for that market.
Last edited by DuaneV; Jul 08, 2019 at 04:18 PM.
Jul 08, 2019, 03:47 PM
Hughley , Fly more , guess less----
Jul 08, 2019, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson
Hughley , Fly more , guess less----
Hughsey not guess, Hughsey fly every day!

Now Hughsey hungry, time for banana!
Jul 08, 2019, 04:01 PM
Your arms must be very tired---
The benefits of various sticks and gimbals and pots ----are endless
As are the arguments for accuracy
f your setups make you feel you are flying better - Then, they are good
It is very subjective.
If it feels good, it's good .
Last edited by richard hanson; Jul 08, 2019 at 04:18 PM.
Jul 08, 2019, 04:09 PM
On the subject of Frsky hall sensor gimbals, I think it’s Nick Willard (wild willy fpv) who still flies stock cause in one of his videos he says how the Frsky ones have horrible deadband around Center.

Your hall sensors won’t make you fly any better.
Jul 08, 2019, 04:31 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneV
Lets just hope that they don't forget about their high end users. This IX20 doesn't look like it's for that market.
that's right http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/12535806-post13.html
Jul 08, 2019, 05:38 PM
Hughsey say no one said hall sensor make you fly better! They just sensor eat banana before flight make you fly better!
Jul 08, 2019, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughsey
Hughsey say no one said hall sensor make you fly better! They just sensor eat banana before flight make you fly better!
I donít remember saying thatís what you said. You obviously misread my post. Or you just like talking about yourself, either one.

I gotta put this guy on my ignore list, the 3rd person thing is extremely weird and driving me crazy and I donít even check in on these threads all that much.
Jul 08, 2019, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
I donít remember saying thatís what you said. You obviously misread my post. Or you just like talking about yourself, either one.

I gotta put this guy on my ignore list, the 3rd person thing is extremely weird and driving me crazy and I donít even check in on these threads all that much.
Amen to that.
Jul 08, 2019, 06:20 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneV
Well, the actual known featureset suggests it will be the best offering they've had for that market so far.

Additional controls over the DX20 (2 3-pos, 2 trimmers), 20ch, an improved colour touch screen UI.

All it lacks are the frou frou frills of the DX20 (leather, aluminum gimbals) that didn't actually add anything.

I'll be the iX20 will be more popular with the high end users than the DX20 was, especially with the big scale guys who need those extra switches & trimmers.
Jul 08, 2019, 06:29 PM
Ditto
The DX20 reminded e of the Ford Crown Victoria with leather badged as a Lincoln
But just what the buyer wanted
Jul 08, 2019, 06:45 PM
Fibertech n More
Yeah I am not a big fan of the "bling" factor of the DX20 but it keeps the solid interface and better build quality.

This IX20 looks really plasticie and the android interface is a step backwards. It's slow and adds a huge failure point. I bought the ix12 to check it out and I see how some guys might like it but I don't think its good for the higher end users.
Last edited by DuaneV; Jul 08, 2019 at 07:07 PM.
Jul 08, 2019, 07:05 PM
Where did you get to check out the iX20's new UI for speed?

Andy

Quick Reply