Sep 10, 2019, 01:55 AM
Any trade shows/ exhibitions coming up where HH could launch the iX20?
I heard a rumour that it will be available in Nov...……..not sure which year though
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2019, 07:09 AM
We don't usually launch at trade shows.

Andy
Sep 11, 2019, 07:49 PM
I saw a flyer affiliated with Horizon using the iX20 at a Warbird event in Muncie two weeks ago. I do not recall his name.
Sep 12, 2019, 09:18 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Pretty much everything on the FCC site except the iX20 just got announced and/or posted.

Both new receivers: AR637 and AR6610T, the Avian SMART ESC's hinted at in the manuals....
Sep 12, 2019, 09:22 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgosson
I saw a flyer affiliated with Horizon using the iX20 at a Warbird event in Muncie two weeks ago. I do not recall his name.
The iX20 has also shown up in product launch videos from Horizon earlier this year. It's clear that quite a few Horizon beta testers have been using them for a while.
Sep 13, 2019, 09:44 PM
I'm looking forward to actually running the software and determining the feel of the case, but equally important is the sticks.
Sep 17, 2019, 02:21 PM
Yeah ... but does it run Crysis?
Sep 18, 2019, 12:30 AM
Grumpa Tom
I wonder, did Spektrum ask Hyundai for permission to use their model designation?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_ix20
Sep 18, 2019, 03:38 AM
i was gonna insert a joke here but I’d only offend the Hyundai drivers....
Last edited by i_am_mark_evans; Sep 18, 2019 at 03:44 AM.
Sep 18, 2019, 07:17 PM
It's on the shelf behind the IX12, you get a better peak at it around the 4.40 mark.

Looks a bit larger than the IX12, I just sold my DX18 cause while it's a great radio, I finally came to terms it was just a tad too large for me [insert jokes here]. the DX9/IX12 are perfect for me.

How to Update Compatible Spektrum Receivers for Smart ESC Support - Spektrum Smart Technology (8 min 36 sec)
Sep 18, 2019, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
It's on the shelf behind the IX12, you get a better peak at it around the 4.40 mark.

Looks a bit larger than the IX12, I just sold my DX18 cause while it's a great radio, I finally came to terms it was just a tad too large for me [insert jokes here]. the DX9/IX12 are perfect for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQPyrjs8Gfg
Wow, what a teaser spektrum haha
You could actually see the radio for half the video, and right at the intro he set it on the shelf behind the ix12. Clever, I hope it releases tomorrow.......
Sep 19, 2019, 09:16 PM
I was looking to buy either a Gen 2 DX18 or a DX20 and then saw where both have been discontinued......Tell me--Who was the brain child behind discontinuing both of these transmitters before a replacement was available???......I would actually purchase a DX20 now if one were available and if I liked the IX20 I would purchase that TX when it arrives...But to leave us with NO purchasing options is just BAD marketing...
Sep 27, 2019, 10:46 AM
Old newb
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Pretty much everything on the FCC site except the iX20 just got announced and/or posted.

Both new receivers: AR637 and AR6610T, the Avian SMART ESC's hinted at in the manuals....
Look again, more stuff submitted to the FCC.

Who is that little module for with the cutesy dev board? Not the Katy but the next one? I already forgot what city in Texas it is named for?

While thinking about it, why does the Katy only have a single antenna? Emmm?

Is it now a contest to find where Horizon may locate a new facility at?
Sep 27, 2019, 10:51 AM
Old newb
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
We don't usually launch at trade shows.

Andy
Christmas seems like a favorite time, though.....

Especially after all these months after FCC submittal.

A lot of China time to build lots of stuff!
Sep 27, 2019, 11:00 AM
Old newb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis D
I`m happy with iX12 also ... But there are still issues to be addressed . Why do another release prior to have resolved issues in the current model .
For sure this will affect sales among skeptics etc...
I love the simplicity of all my spectrum Tx`s I would just like to have me Ix12 to be 100% reliable as my Dx ones were

Thank you

Louis
These are close to my feelings too.

There are couple of annoying things about the iX12, yet I use mine all the time.

I know some will be”improved” by the he upgraded (faster) hardware, but unless fancy things are done, the real time aspects will still not be as good as the DX series just by the nature of the difference between the embedded code of the DX verses Android (non real time with extra overhead.).

Another one is if we can actually see the screen out in the field!!!!

And better audio quality!

Those two above UI related things are REALLY high on my list!!!

I want to be able to see and hear my radio in the field!!!

The iX20 will surely command a good price, it would sure be nice if it looked more Lexus than Toyota given the quality is already inherently there......

Quick Reply