Jul 04, 2019, 01:33 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Model aviation july 2019

UNBELIEVABLE!!! UNBEbeeping LIEVABLE. !!! The July issue of MA magazine arrived today, getting the usual first glance to see what ARF had made the cover this month! Hmm, it is different, a helicopter, though it looks like it is about to form one more sand dune around Las Vegas. But then, the cover gets a SECOND look! And a THIRD look!

THEY MISPELLED "HELICOPTER" ON THE COVER" . ON THE COVER, THERE IS A MISSPELLING! HELECOPTER!!

I did not need "Spell check,, or "Webster" or any other help to know this, it is misspelled!!! I will leave you here to form your own opinion about the quality of the magazine, its people and its editor. On that subject, yes, of course, included in it was picture No. 100plus of Jay Smith!
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2020, 11:08 PM
hmm.Agree
Feb 19, 2021, 07:39 PM
Closed Account
I hear you, Sarge.

A wise LTC taught me to be very careful about my correspondence, as it would often be the first contact I'd have with people and could form their first opinion of me. Sloppy writing implies sloppy thinking.

CD

p.s. I've been reading your articles for many years, especially those you wrote for Model Builder -- informative stuff!
May 03, 2021, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel
I hear you, Sarge.

A wise LTC taught me to be very careful about my correspondence, as it would often be the first contact I'd have with people and could form their first opinion of me. Sloppy writing implies sloppy thinking.

CD

p.s. I've been reading your articles for many years, especially those you wrote for Model Builder -- informative stuff!

Did someone here work for model builder magazine? I'd like to ask them a question about one of the issues...are they accessible anywhere?

Thanks.
Jun 04, 2021, 12:33 PM
Thread OP
I was an Ass't Editor, writer, photographer at MB. Copies show up for sale here and at other sites now and then, but there is no permanent source that I know of. The plans now belong to the AMA and are sold by them.
I have most issues and can help with copies of articles. What exactly do you need? EloyM@twc.com
Jun 05, 2021, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EloyM
I was an Ass't Editor, writer, photographer at MB. Copies show up for sale here and at other sites now and then, but there is no permanent source that I know of. The plans now belong to the AMA and are sold by them.
I have most issues and can help with copies of articles. What exactly do you need? EloyM@twc.com
I had an ad in Model Builder for 6 months to a year around early 1994. The AeroBlast Kit Company. Lost my copy years ago. Wish I could find one. I had a product that started selling well called the XC100 Vertiglide. Now Copyrighted by a company that makes vertical blinds, but I used the name long before they did.....still just would like to find a copy.

Thanks
.... could've been '93.
Last edited by vonBird; Jun 05, 2021 at 03:59 PM.

Quick Reply