This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 04, 2019, 12:00 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

HobbyKing Ezio 800 - Take 2

Ezio 800 Take 2 (8 min 53 sec)

Take 2 :

1) Larger , heavier battery !
2) New prop ( 4x3 ) We have thrust
3) Expo was 60% for Ailerons and 80% for Elevator / I then changed these to 50% for the Ailerons and 60% for the Elevator ( With the CG at flight )

So the first thing you can see in the video is increased stability , the CG is still rearward but the 80% Expo really tamed the Ezio ..
There is thrust now ...
Before with the factory prop , 50% throttle would not pull the skin off a rice pudding , and even 100% throttle was barely enough to climb .
Now with the 4x3 , I can cruise @ around 1/4 throttle , climb with 50% throttle and have power to spare .

That extra thrust really comes in handy .

I did glide the Ezio a fair bit , and the battery was still 69% when I got home ( That walk home might have helped in that regard ) .
Am I ready to give the Ezio a thumbs up ? = No !

Put in a new motor , make the nose longer , upgrade the controls , a better prop .
In other words , a bit of R & D !

My flying weight was 190 grams . The Ezio wants to go on a diet if you really want to glide it .
I would really like to see a motor prop combo that say does 5A or less at full throttle on 2s ..
Cruises at 1/4 throttle , and CG's with say a 350mAh 2s and comes in at under 150 grams .
( R & D )

The motor is making funny sounds , so not sure how long it will last ? ....

I would really like to see a $30 USD kit around 800mm about the same size as the Ezio - F959 - XK A800 that can be built to around 100 grams ..
That would be something !

Hmmmm , I have this motor , pulls 1.8A on 2s and .................................................. ....................
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply