This thread is privately moderated by UpNup, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 03, 2019, 08:01 PM
Who are these that fly?
Thread OP
Discussion

P-51B Left Wing

Wings had a 3 degree incidence. The decision to use three dihedral variations made the sheeting somewhat of a challenge. I had to reduce the top curve of the biggest four ribs nearest the root. That was the only way to make the LE fit accurately.

Installed the 425 Hitec Digital Servos. I put rib strips over the open parts of the wings. At this point I plan to leave them open for weight mainly and to give easier access to the Servos. To unscrew the servo wheels I had to cut an access hole in an adjacent rib. I do not plan to make a hatch to the Servos.

The wings are 26”, fuse is 5”. 57” WS.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply