Jul 09, 2019, 08:00 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Maybe have an Experienced Pilot test fly and Trim the plane for you? Get it up to altitude then
hand the Tx over to you. Buddy Box even better.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2019, 08:16 PM
treefinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaindthu
I launched the glider yesterday and it did not fly as expected. There was no pilot error. The problem was in the design. The angle of incidence was too much. So much that at first I thought it was tail heavy!!

I am going to give it another shot - next week.

Not going to give up, love this hobby very much.
Been there done that! Shim or trim and back in the air!
Jul 10, 2019, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaindthu
I launched the glider yesterday and it did not fly as expected. There was no pilot error. The problem was in the design. The angle of incidence was too much. So much that at first I thought it was tail heavy!!

I am going to give it another shot - next week.

Not going to give up, love this hobby very much.
Hmm...
Maybe it is in fact a bit tail heavy as well (you mentioned CG at 30% chord - that's borderline for a beginner).
Have you done glide tests? Typically glide tests will reveal CG issues and/or incidence issues.
Usually a plane that glides right will fly under power fairly well (if the motor thrust line is not way wrong).
Jul 14, 2019, 10:50 PM
Thread OP
The glider glides very nicely. But the moment I give some throttle, it spins out of the sky and falls. I think there is an issue with thrust line.

But I am done doing repairs on this model. I'd rather build a new one. This time, a high wing, conventional tail (no T-tail), and a one-piece wing that will be attached with screws.
Conventional in-board flaps and outboard ailerons.

I will post again with my new glider.

Quick Reply