Spektrum DSMX SRXL2 Serial Micro Receiver

The DSMX SRXL2 Serial Micro Receiver is tiny! It features Dual Diversity Antennas, Fly-by Telemetry and SRXL2 Technology for great range, versatility and more.

Splash

Compact and lightweight

The DSMX SRXL2 Serial Micro Receiver is tiny! It features Dual Diversity Antennas, Fly-by Telemetry and SRXL2 Technology for great range, versatility and more.

The SPM4650 DSMX SRXL2 Serial Micro Receiver takes the original SPM4648 receiver and adds more value, functionality and fly-by telemetry, while decreasing the size and weight of the already micro sized Spektrum serial receiver. The SPM4650 uses our feature-rich SRXL2 protocol to give pilots a blazing fast serial data connection with up to 20 channels. SRXL2 is a powerful communication protocol that improves bi-directional communication between the radio system and flight controller for added telemetry functionality and flight control configuration right from the pilots Spektrum Transmitter*, all over one signal wire.

The SPM4650 is small, lightweight, and customizable, providing an excellent receiver for even the smallest of applications. It also features a simple bind button so pilots no longer need to carry a separate receiver or bind plug to bind. Dual antennas provide receiver diversity for solid signal and the long coax antennas help to provide maximum signal strength in all orientations for challenging installations where carbon fiber, metal and batteries shield the antenna. And with Spektrum DSMX 2.4GHz RF protocol the Spektrum SRXL2 Serial Micro Receiver provides remarkable range and interference free performance.

Features:

• SRXL2 Technology
  • Small, Lightweight and Perfect for the DIY Enthusiast
  • Wide Voltage Input Range
  • Fly-By Telemetry
  • Dual Diversity Antennas
  • Bind Button installed for Easy Binding

Check out the Spektrum DSMX SRXL2 Serial Micro Receiver Here

Jul 05, 2019, 10:10 PM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot
This is AWESOME!

Ricky
Jul 10, 2019, 11:49 AM
Running jokes into the ground
What is this, a receiver for ants?

No this is awesome though.
Jul 10, 2019, 08:10 PM
Looks like these are hitting stores:
New Spektrum DSMX Micro Drone Receiver- SPM4650 (13 min 49 sec)

Some people say it replaces SPM4648, but wouldn't it also replace the 4649T if its got diversity antennas and full range?

Miguel posted on insta comment: " full range receiving, short range telemetry" does this mean same RX range as the 4649T but the SXRL2 telemetry is shorter?

Looks like a great size, my 4649T hang out the side of my 3" quad. I'm trying to decide if I upgrade exisiting 4649T to these SPM4650, or move to Crossfire with nano rx.

Thanks
Jul 10, 2019, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero_nz
Looks like these are hitting stores: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZBhm3vhj4s

Some people say it replaces SPM4648, but wouldn't it also replace the 4649T if its got diversity antennas and full range?

Miguel posted on insta comment: " full range receiving, short range telemetry" does this mean same RX range as the 4649T but the SXRL2 telemetry is shorter?

Looks like a great size, my 4649T hang out the side of my 3" quad. I'm trying to decide if I upgrade exisiting 4649T to these SPM4650, or move to Crossfire with nano rx.

Thanks
It "replaces" the 4648 because it is the same price point, but is better in every way (unless you realllyyyyyyy need autobind).
It isn't a replacement to the 4649T, or at least I dont consider it to be because the 4650 is short range telemetry while the 4649T is long range, which is due to hardware differences, and is unrelated to SRXL2. SRXL2 is the serial protocol communicated over the signal wire between receiver and FC. Really it's up to you if the 4650 features outweigh the 4649T.
Jul 12, 2019, 01:44 AM
Not wanting to get a spam strike, so not repeating here... but Miguel, can you answer my questions in your earlier thread on this receiver? Thanks in advance.
Jul 12, 2019, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakRacer
Finally, a smaller, lighter, more affordable, wide voltage range, telemetry enabled, bind button equipped, single bidirectional signal wire, over the air updatable multirotor receiver.

But does it come with silicone wire? That volatile plastic sheath garbage we’ve had for so long, even with the 4649T is a sin.

Also, any way to display signal strength, link quality, fades/losses, or RSSI in BetaFlight OSD?

Lastly, no full range telemetry?
So as much as I'd love for it to be so, not sure where you got that this is updateable over the air. It is not.

Unfortunately, this includes the same wires that our previous receivers have included. However, I'll make a request to see if we can have that changed, but if it does, that wont happen for the initial batch. Admittedly, we had not thought about making this change, but I agree with you 100%.

SRXL2 includes RSSI automatically. If you're getting channel data, you're getting RSSI. You can confirm in the Setup tab of the configurator, and also the OSD. You do have to make sure you dont have any other RSSI settings though, such as RSSI_ADC, which will override the rssi provided by SRXL2 with that of the FC's analog input for rssi.
Jul 12, 2019, 09:04 AM
Can existing 4649Ts be firmware upgraded to support SRXL2?
Jul 12, 2019, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickthenorse
Can existing 4649Ts be firmware upgraded to support SRXL2?
There are currently no plans to do so
Old Jul 15, 2019, 09:00 PM
YXmotor
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. It is temporarily hidden while YXmotor edits it.
Jul 16, 2019, 01:44 AM
Why on earth would you want to buy that heap of junk?

And the Spektrum rx is actually cheaper too!
Jul 16, 2019, 08:27 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by YXmotor
XR602T-D DSMX/2 compatible receiver would work same as this one?
http://www.overskyrc.com/xr602td-dsm...ter-p-851.html
No, it won't, as it's not SRXL2. It doesn't support SRXL2 devices at all, and while FC's can go bidirectional with F.port, there's little guarantee that anything other than basic telemetry is actually translated as F.Port is not compatible with X-Bus telemetry (SRXL2 uses the X-Bus telemetry sensor/data format, which is also what Spektrum TX's expect while F.Port uses the S.Port telemetry data format which is incompatible and must be translated on a per-sensor ID basis)

The SRXL2 receiver can also drive the upcoming Spektrum Avian ESC's, as well as having support for (as yet unreleased) VTX's and Servos.
Jul 16, 2019, 08:40 PM
deleted, as it against rcgroups' rule.
Last edited by YXmotor; Jul 21, 2019 at 09:25 PM.
Jul 16, 2019, 09:01 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Indeed it doesn't support SRXL2, as SRXL2 did not come out while the XR602T-D was on developing, in this case, we make use of FPort protocol to realize RC data and TELEM data transferring. RF performance of XR602D-T(20DBM output power, integrated 14DBM LNA, real dual diverctiy antenna) is much better than that of SRXL2 (5DBM output power, no integrated LNA), and XT602T is much smaller...... are all of these not important for a FPV drone?
Use of F.Port indicates that you are relying on translation of telemetry, which will only work for specifically defined applications as the protocols are incompatible. Given that bidirectional control/telemetry has been available for several years with native X-Bus telemetry support (Bidirectional SRXL was introduced on the SPM4649T) and it's very well supported why would you rely on translating a protocol that actually has more limited support? Since SRXL doesn't require an inverted signalling-capable serial port, it's also significantly better supported on lower-cost FC's than F.Port which uses inverted serial signalling and thus requires either softserial or an inverted capable UART.

And the XT602 isn't much smaller, it's 10x17x3mm vs 13x17x5mm, so it's 3mm narrower and slightly shorter.

The 4650 is also dual diversity antenna, so that's no advantage of your product, and while I have few doubts your telemetry is longer ranged (as the 4650 is fly-by only), I rather doubt your RF front-end is more sensitive regardless of the LNA presence as the actual sensitivity of Spektrum's new RF front end used since the new 9746 remotes is very close to best in class (only the FrSKy RX series can compete), plus you're drowning your LNA with your high power telemetry transmit (that also means your power draw will be higher)

And of course we can count on Spektrum's DSMX implementation, while yours is unknown.

In short, your product is overpriced and offers no advantages and significant disadvantages vs the significantly cheaper 1st party product.
Jul 17, 2019, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Indeed it doesn't support SRXL2, as SRXL2 did not come out while the XR602T-D was on developing, in this case, we make use of FPort protocol to realize RC data and TELEM data transferring. RF performance of XR602D-T(20DBM output power, integrated 14DBM LNA, real dual diverctiy antenna) is much better than that of SRXL2 (5DBM output power, no integrated LNA), and XT602T is much smaller...... are all of these not important for a FPV drone?

Simple question. FCC number and for EU where is the declaration of conformity?

Quick Reply