Jul 01, 2019, 05:05 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Can't program throttle from center

I have a Taranis plus radio mode 2 and am trying to set the throttle stick to run forwards at up position and backwards pulling stick down from center. I've been studying curve settings until I fall asleep. So far I can get the forward to work, but nothing happens pulling the stick down???
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2019, 02:45 AM
Does the ESC have reverse?
Jul 02, 2019, 08:04 AM
Thread OP
No. But it can be reversed (accidentally).
Jul 02, 2019, 03:41 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Reversibility in programming is not the same as having forward/reverse capability in operation.
Jul 02, 2019, 03:46 PM
Thread OP
Yeah, I just found out the ESC in this (Vector 70) is FORWARD ONLY.

^&*??!! The time I wasted!!
Jul 02, 2019, 07:21 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by propnator

Nah! Time well invested in learning something new. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

One of these should get you going and provide some headroom for a hotter motor if one is in your future: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...t-esc-70a.html

Happy wake-making!
Jul 03, 2019, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by propnator

You are now more experienced. Officially.
Jul 03, 2019, 04:41 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
As I can see from the Vector 70 ads-it has a flex shaft meaning it must stay fwd only because if you run the flex shaft backwards it will want to unwind and bind up so you can't change just change out the ESC to one that has reverse..(apologies if someone else already mentioned this)
Latest blog entry: Mark V Navy Seal SOC
Jul 04, 2019, 09:19 AM
Thread OP
Thanks guys, I was doing this for a friend. I'm stricktly aircraft (some times float fly).

Bob's comment is absolutely right and now I can tell my whining friend to check out what he buys more carefully.

Quick Reply